- For more than 100 years, Methodist Home for Children (MHC) has provided care for North Carolina's youth and families.
- Founded in 1899 as a traditional campus-based orphanage in Raleigh, MHC is now a community-based agency active throughout North Carolina, especially in the central and eastern regions.
- MHC provides an array of programs and services to ensure that children grow up in safe, loving homes, educate parents and caregivers about how best to nurture children and young adults, help young people navigate adolescence and work to eradicate the social and family problems that lead to abuse, neglect, family disruption, and child abandonment.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-10|
|Total Students||9 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Bern Grades: K-12 | 162 students
2911 Old Cherry Point Rd
New Bern, NC 28560 1.3 K-12
- New Bern Grades: NS | 16 students
403 Howell Rd
New Bern, NC 28562 1.5 NS
- New Bern Grades: PK-12 | 130 students
1821 Rhem Ave
New Bern, NC 28560
(252)633-5410 3.1 PK-12
- New Bern Grades: K-12 | 447 students
2301 Trent Road
New Bern, NC 28562
(252)638-0122 3.4 K-12
To prep for the preschool admissions test or not to prep. That is the question.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.