Missoula Community School
- The Missoula Community School offers school year and summer programs for children ages 3 - 7.
- MCS is a creative, nurturing learning place for children and a welcoming, collaborative place for parents and families.
- Interpersonal skills and communication are the heart of MCS. Children form close relationships with teachers and with peers, building a nurturing environment for children to take risks, challenge themselves and build self-confidence.
- The Missoula Community School is in its third year as a progressive alternative for the education of young children.
- As we have refined our mission and developed our curriculum, we have ‘discovered' like-minded schools around the country.
- No two progressive schools anywhere are exactly alike, but all progressive schools share a belief in the importance of educating children to become active, engaged members of their communities, to become lifelong learners who take ownership of their education, and to fulfill their potential.
- Among the similarities likely to be observed among progressive schools an integrated (rather than segmented) approach to academic subjects an individualized and observational (rather than standardized) approach to assessment.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Missoula Grades: 9-12 | 172 students
320 Edith St
Missoula, MT 59801
(406)549-6101 1.1 9-12
- Missoula Grades: PK-8 | 191 students
1100 Harrison Street
Missoula, MT 59802
(406)542-9924 1.1 PK-8
- Missoula Grades: PK-4 | 59 students
3035 S. Russell St.
Missoula, MT 59803
(406)240-0290 1.3 PK-4
- Missoula Grades: PK-8 | 291 students
503 Edith St
Missoula, MT 59801
(406)549-1290 1.3 PK-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.