Missoula Community School
- The Missoula Community School offers school year and summer programs for children ages 3 - 7.
- MCS is a creative, nurturing learning place for children and a welcoming, collaborative place for parents and families.
- Interpersonal skills and communication are the heart of MCS. Children form close relationships with teachers and with peers, building a nurturing environment for children to take risks, challenge themselves and build self-confidence.
- The Missoula Community School is in its third year as a progressive alternative for the education of young children.
- As we have refined our mission and developed our curriculum, we have ‘discovered' like-minded schools around the country.
- No two progressive schools anywhere are exactly alike, but all progressive schools share a belief in the importance of educating children to become active, engaged members of their communities, to become lifelong learners who take ownership of their education, and to fulfill their potential.
- Among the similarities likely to be observed among progressive schools an integrated (rather than segmented) approach to academic subjects an individualized and observational (rather than standardized) approach to assessment.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Missoula Grades: 9-12 | 172 students
320 Edith St
Missoula, MT 59801
(406)549-6101 1.1 9-12
- Missoula Grades: PK-8 | 178 students
1100 Harrison Street
Missoula, MT 59802
(406)529-9924 1.1 PK-8
- Missoula Grades: PK-4 | 60 students
3035 S. Russell St.
Missoula, MT 59803
(406)240-0290 1.3 PK-4
- Missoula Grades: PK-8 | 272 students
503 Edith St
Missoula, MT 59801
(406)549-1290 1.3 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.