The Educational Philosophy of Montessori Academy of Davison: To understand and enhance each child's emotional, social, cognitive, physical and language needs.
The adult's responsibility in our program is to assist the child in growing to his or her fullest potential through a curriculum that will nurture and facilitate the whole child.
To accomplish this it is imperative to work closely with parents in a complementary manner.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 70 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 20%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
We offer several different programs at Montessori Academy of Davison. Please call us with your inquiry.
- Montessori Academy of Davison, owned by Madge Brown and directed by Jeannie Summers, has been in the area since 1978. They are devoted to helping children develop positive attitudes and effective learning habits. The Montessori Method of education is a system for the education of children from birth to age 18. It is based upon principles developed by Maria Montessori, MD, throughout her life The focus of this system is the development of materials, educational techniques and observations that support the natural development of children. The teacher in a Montessori classroom serves less as an “instructor” and more of a guide and facilitator. Children are encouraged to “learn how to learn”, thus gaining independence and self-confidence. Because this method is based on developmentally appropriate activities, the child learns through the process of education – by doing. Montessori Academy of Davison is designed to accommodate varies stages of development in children ages 3 – 6 years of age. Children in this age group reach a stage in which repetition and manipulation of the environment are critical to the development of concentration, coordination, independence and sense of order. The child learns skills for everyday living, sorting, grading, classifying – all of which lead to the development of writing, reading and a mathematical mind. Special training is required for becoming a Montessori teacher. The teachers at Montessori Academy are Montessori certified. Because the Montessori programs are developed to meet the needs of a wide range of developmental stages, the programs are ideal for a wide range of abilities. Montessori Academy of Davison works closely with parents of children with special needs, including Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome as well. The curriculum includes independent group work in computer lab, art, reading and ASL sign language. They also have added some new courses using the Writing Without Tears curriculum and introduction to Spanish. Montessori Academy offers latchkey and daycare services before and after school along with a progressive, well-equipped summer day camp for children ages 3 – 12 years old. To help your child prepare for the future in a healthy, well-rounded environment, please contact Luann Magolan or Jeannie Summers for information or to make an appointment to visit the school. Hours are 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Montessori Academy of Davison 326 West Bay Street Davison, MI 48423 810-653-1131
Endorse Montessori Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.