- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 48 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- At Montessori Learning Centre, The Montessori Method is a wonderful approach to learning developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. She was the first female physician in Italy and began working with children during the early 1900's. Dr. Montessori discovered that by giving children tools that were real, but child sized, enabled them to learn at a greater pace. She discovered that the young child had a much bigger capacity for learning than ever thought before. She found that the minds of children as young as 2 and 3 were like sponges, absorbing everything that she could offer them. At this time, the thought that the young child could learn so much was quite revolutionary. The method became popular in the United States in the late 1950's and has been validated by much of what we have learned during the twentieth century about children. Children in this environment rapidly become explorers and discoverers. They move freely about the classroom, choosing activities to do alone or with others. There is a wide variety of practical life activities which help the child develop coordination, concentration, a sense of order, and independence. Montessori believed that children could learn from anything that you got into their hands. Sensorial activities encourage the child to explore using all the senses. Activities in the areas of math, science, geography, language development and reading promote the conceptual development of the child and form a firm foundation for future learning. The daily program also includes movement activities, art, music, story time and outdoor play. Our teachers, besides being enthusiastic educators, are skilled observers of children. Their goal is to make the classroom environment a warm, welcoming place with a rich diversity of materials and experiences available at all times. The teacher is always close by, helping one child select an activity, going with another to view his completed work, encouraging two children in their cooperative effort. The children are busy and happy. Their natural curiosity leads them to explore, and the carefully prepared activities along with the guidance of the teacher insure success and self-satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Montessori Learning Center?
Endorse Montessori Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards