Mountain Laurel Montessori School
- Mountain Laurel Montessori School provides quality Montessori education for Toddler age through 9th grade.
- We are the only Montessori school in the region that offers the full spectrum of Montessori education.
- Our nationally recognized Jr. High School for 7th through 9th grades combines challenging academics with real-world challenges of farm and community life.
- It is located on a 23-acre farm with pond, pastures, and woods in Flint Hill, VA. A toddler community, 2 primary classes and 2 elementary classes offer multi-age programs in fully equipped Montessori classrooms on a beautiful 5-acre wooded campus in Front Royal, VA.
Mountain Laurel Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jes Kuzmick|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- Mountain Laurel Montessori School - "Where learning is a way of life." Individualized curriculum enables children to realize their fullest potential socially, emotionally, and academically. Thoughtfully designed environments provide endless possibilities of exploration with materials and activities designed to entice and delight. Montessori education provides the best opportunity to reach one's greatest potential as a conscientious student, a respectful leader, and a compassionate citizen of the world. Above all we want each child to become a happy adult who contributes to the good of society through work that brings sustaining joy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Caring professional teachers and strong community.
- Posted by Administrator - kdick