Mt. Calvary Lutheran School
- Living Faith, Bringing Hope, Showing Love! Mount Calvary Lutheran School has been serving Sherman Park and the Milwaukee area since 1925.
- Mt. Calvary's mission communicates its commitment to "teaching God's children through His Word to be Christ-like witnesses and productive members of society." The school offers a multi-faceted approach to education that focuses on the whole child including academic, social, spiritual, and physical development.
- Mt. Calvary provides a quality education within a Christian, positive, and safe learning environment.
- Teachers implement diverse teaching strategies designed to target varied learning styles and support students as they strive maximize their fullest potential.
- Mt. Calvary also offers special education and school social worker services.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||learning disabilities mild cognitive disabilities|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki or navy blue pants blue green or red polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a sliding scale accounting for family income and number of people in the family.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Carrie Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||HOPE CLUB HOPE CLUB,|
- Participates in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
- Full day 4K and 5K program
- Instruction geared toward individual student needs
- Safe, structured environment
- Family focused
- Parent involvement opportunities
- Special education program
- School social worker services
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RacineGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
1435 Grove Ave
Racine, WI 53405
- MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
3434 N 38th St
Milwaukee, WI 53216
- MukwonagoGrades: K-9 | 79 students
830 County Road Nn E
Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Oak CreekGrades: PK-8 | 72 students
8537 S Pennsylvania Ave
Oak Creek, WI 53154
- RacineGrades: PK-8 | 323 students
6150 Taylor Ave.
Racine, WI 53403
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.