Pilgrim Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- At Pilgrim Lutheran we focus on the social, spiritual, and academic development of our students. Our school culture is centered on high academic achievement featuring careful instruction and a curriculum based on research, best practices and rigorous academic standards.
- We have dedicated, knowledgeable, skillful educators, including five teachers with Master`s Degrees in education, who teach, guide and inspire students to excel and focus on building strong personal relationships.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Needs Scholarship Program|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki or navy pants and polo shirt or white shirt with tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Milwaukee Parental Choice Program; Wisconsin Parental Choice Program; Special Needs Scholarship Program|
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Mimis|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,|
Pilgrim Lutheran School offers a traditional Christian education with rigorous academics, character building and faith development, teaching and leading from a Christian worldview. We integrate biblical truth throughout a curriculum built on reading, math and other core subjects. We nurture all students for optimal spiritual, intellectual and emotional growth. Student learning is further supported by a variety of student and family services and healthcare.
- High quality academics & faith instruction
- Major emphasis on Reading and Math
- Full day K4 & K5 and grades 1-8
- Chromebooks, smart boards and Google Apps for Education
- Individual & small group learning
- Subject level tutoring
- Academic & behavior incentives
- Character & leadership building programs
- Effective, caring teachers view work as ministry, not a job
- Professional counseling & healthcare services
- ree breakfast and hot lunch for all students
- Accredited by AdvancEd, NLSA and WRISA
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: K-8 | 198 students
8940 N 85th St
Milwaukee, WI 53224
(414)365-9375 7.9 K-8
- Milwaukee Grades: K-8 | 339 students
4224 W Ruby Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)871-1224 2.7 K-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
3126 S 41st St
Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414)649-4730 5.7 PK-8
honestly i would say that pilgrim Lutheran school is a very good school when I attended the teachers and staff were very kind and loved to teach any willing student i would definitely recommend this school to other Milwaukee families.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - student!!!!
My daughter at Pilgrim Lutheran School located off 6th and Center. I am very pleased with the education she is receiving as well as the warm, welcoming environment the staff creates. I can always pop in and ask questions with no hesitation. The newsletter which is sent home weekly also helps me stay up to date. This is my daughter's 3rd year there and I love it!
- Posted by Parent - ab
We are at the Pilgrim Campus of the Concordia University School, and we love it there. Our experience so far has been wonderful. The teachers know and love our children - they are in K5 and 2nd grade this year. All the staff and teachers work so hard to teach our children and care for them. We would definitely recommend this school for families in Milwaukee looking for an excellent education choice!
- Posted by Parent - abc
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.