Mother Of Good Counsel
5.00 (1 review)
- Mother of Good Counsel School is a welcoming, diverse Catholic Christian community.
- We strive to provide a quality educational environment in which each student is guided towards the development of his or her greatest intellectual, creative and moral potential. We commit ourselves to be nurturing a strong love of Jesus and His word, recognition of God-given talents, and a sense of personal responsibility.
- We commit ourselves to be an anchor of stability in our neighborhood and beyond through a supportive community committed to the Catholic/Christian values of word, worship, and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,375|
|Tuition Notes||Above is the tuition for a parish member with one child. Tuition for non-parish members with one child is $5357|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band Program, Choir, Orchestra
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 173 students
7801 W Acacia St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414)353-6800 4.5 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 67 students
137 North 66th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)258-1534 2.8 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: K-9 | 140 students
7798 N 60th St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414)371-9100 6 K-9
- Milwaukee Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
3721 N 21st St
Milwaukee, WI 53206
(414)873-8240 3.1 PK-8
- Milwaukee Grades: K-8 | 339 students
4224 W Ruby Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53209
(414)871-1224 2.4 K-8
My son Kavon attends Mother of Good Counsel school (K-5). I have nothing but praise for his teacher, Ms. Mueller. Her unfailing dedication to her students has resulted in my son's ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic computations far beyond expected levels. The results she produces are the direct end-product of her high expectations. I am truly grateful to her, and can only hope that the next 8 years of his MGC experience are as fruitful.
- Posted by Parent - Brian
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.