Mt St Mary Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Mt St Mary Academy Photo #2 - Our students experience a special sisterhood when they are challenged to always do their best, give back to the greater community, and reach their full potential.
Mt St Mary Academy Photo #3 - Mount St. Mary Academy is the oldest high school and only all-girls school in the state of Arkansas. We were founded in 1851 by the Sisters of Mercy at the request of Arkansas' first Catholic Bishop.
Mt St Mary Academy Photo #4 - A wide range of clubs and organizations gives each young woman the opportunity to "find her own voice," explore personal interests and develop her talents and leadership abilities.
- Mount St. Mary Academy is a Catholic secondary school which provides environments to maximize the spiritual, intellectual, and personal growth of young women in the Mercy tradition.
- The school's role is to provide a superior education, to promote the role of society and the church, and to enable students to serve God by serving others.
- It is the goal of Mount St. Mary Academy to use differences in faiths, cultures, races, socio-economic levels, and abilities to form wider communities and to shape democratic ideals.
- It is a further goal to nurture and promote the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical development of each young woman in an environment of respect for the individual.
- This respect grows out of the recognition that all members of the school community are of "immeasurable value because they are children of God".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||496 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
I am a proud alumna of Mount St. Mary Academy. The academic preparation I received was well above many of my first-year college courses, and the all-girl leadership opportunities at Mount gave me the experience and confidence I needed to take on new initiatives on my college campus. One of these initiatives was starting a new club that brought in national speakers and offered workshops and different series for the students, and I think this leadership and service to other students comes from my time at Mount St. Mary. There are so many extracurricular opportunities to choose from at Mount. I played volleyball all four years and outside of my art classes, we painted murals at a local children's center. I also had the opportunity to apply for and receive a scholarship from the school that made a big difference for my family. Looking back, I am so glad to have had the foundation of faith and values during my high school years. The morning prayer by students and teachers, as well as retreats, Masses and prayer services, helped keep us grounded and built a strong community, and programs like junior service learning called us to action to help others in our community. All around, I learned so much and am so grateful to have had the experience of a Mount St. Mary education!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - johns
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.