Nebraska Christian Schools
Nebraska Christian Schools is an inter-denominational, Christian day and boarding school located on its historic campus in Central City, Nebraska.
Founded in 1959, NCS offers a full educational program for preschool through 12th grade.
Our mission at Nebraska Christian is to assist the family and church by providing a Christ-centered education, equipping students with a Biblical worldview and encouraging a love relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
We focus on providing a college preparatory curriculum with a well-rounded program of extra-curricular activities and student services.
Nebraska Christian is a Pre-K-12, non-denominational, private, Christian School.
Our students represent a variety of denominations. They are taught traditional college prep curriculum from a biblically based Christian worldivew.
All students attend Bible classes each day and chapel once a week.
Senior high students may choose to participate in our extra-curricular activities which include band, choir, speech, football, boys and girls basketball, wrestling, volleyball, boys and girls track, and boys and girls cross country.
More than 1,400 students have graduated from Nebraska Christian since 1959 and can be found on 5 of the 7 continents.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 212 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 17%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- NCS offers both day and boarding school options for students. It is accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education and is an ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) member school. NCS is also a member of the Nebraska School Activities Association and the Goldenrod Conference. NCS admits students irrespective of race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- NCS is located on a 27-acre campus one mile outside of the city limits of Central City, Nebraska (population 2,900), 22 miles east of Grand Island, Nebraska (population 49,000), and 110 miles west of Omaha, Nebraska (population 415,000).
We chose Nebraska Christian, after years of homeschooling, because of the rigorous academics, variety of extra-curriculars, rich character amongst the community, and the religious heritage. We have been very happy with our decision and have really enjoyed watching our student develop into himself and thrive.
High act and sat scores every year, student go on to leading colleges
Endorse Nebraska Christian Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.