Nebraska Christian Schools
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Nebraska Christian Schools is an inter-denominational, Christian day and boarding school located on its historic campus in Central City, Nebraska.
- Founded in 1959, NCS offers a full educational program for preschool through 12th grade.
- Our mission at Nebraska Christian is to assist the family and church by providing a Christ-centered education, equipping students with a Biblical worldview and encouraging a love relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We focus on providing a college preparatory curriculum with a well-rounded program of extra-curricular activities and student services.
- Nebraska Christian is a Pre-K-12, non-denominational, private, Christian School.
- Our students represent a variety of denominations. They are taught traditional college prep curriculum from a biblically based Christian worldivew.
- All students attend Bible classes each day and chapel once a week.
- Senior high students may choose to participate in our extra-curricular activities which include band, choir, speech, football, boys and girls basketball, wrestling, volleyball, boys and girls track, and boys and girls cross country.
- More than 1,400 students have graduated from Nebraska Christian since 1959 and can be found on 5 of the 7 continents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- NCS offers both day and boarding school options for students. It is accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education and is an ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) member school. NCS is also a member of the Nebraska School Activities Association and the Goldenrod Conference. NCS admits students irrespective of race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- NCS is located on a 27-acre campus one mile outside of the city limits of Central City, Nebraska (population 2,900), 22 miles east of Grand Island, Nebraska (population 49,000), and 110 miles west of Omaha, Nebraska (population 415,000).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alliance Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
1104 Cheyenne Ave
Alliance, NE 69301
(308)762-2315 259.2 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: K-8 | 102 students
1400 Harvell Drive
Bellevue, NE 68005
(402)898-4222 110.1 K-8
- Bellevue Grades: K-12 | 295 students
3704 370 Plaza
Bellevue, NE 68123
(402)292-1030 107.2 K-12
We chose Nebraska Christian, after years of homeschooling, because of the rigorous academics, variety of extra-curriculars, rich character amongst the community, and the religious heritage. We have been very happy with our decision and have really enjoyed watching our student develop into himself and thrive.
- Posted by Parent - JillS
High act and sat scores every year, student go on to leading colleges
- Posted by Student/Alumni - wflod
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.