Central Catholic Middle & High School
- Central Catholic was founded in 1956. For the past 45 years, we have been proud to serve the Grand Island area.
- Central Catholic began as a four-year high school for grades 9-12.
- Grades seven and eight were added later to form a junior-senior high school.
- In 1997, a $1-million building expansion was completed and sixth grade was added to the school.
- Today, Central Catholic consists of a middle school for grades 6-8 and a high school for grades 9-12.
- Central Catholic is fully accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education and North Central Association of Colleges & Schools.
- All members of the administrative and teaching staff are certified by the State of Nebraska.
- Central Catholic is primarily a college preparatory institution. The school seeks to meet the needs of all students through a diversified curriculum.
- At the middle school level, emphasis is placed on learning basic skills and exposing students to a wide variety of learning opportunities in a highly structured environment.
- At the high school level, a broad range of courses are offered to meet the individual needs of students.
- Religious instruction is an integral part of the curriculum for both middle school and high school students.
- To promote moral and spiritual development, Christian principles based upon Catholic Tradition are incorporated into every phase of daily school life.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||47 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Language and Composition, AP World History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(spirit wear-casual uniform-Khaki or navy blue pants, Dark or royal blue, white, gray shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Jazz Ensemble, Newspaper, Spanish Club, Speech Team, Student Council, Swing Choir, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Island Grades: 9-12 | 60 students
3900 W Husker Highway
Grand Island, NE 68803
(308)385-3900 3.3 9-12
- Lincoln Grades: 9-12 | 1251 students
6000 A St
Lincoln, NE 68510
(402)488-0931 90.7 9-12
- Glendale Grades: 9-12 | 31 students
18001 N 79th Ave Ste B42
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623)773-2774 911.5 9-12
- Fort Mill Grades: K-12 | 141 students
375 Star Light Dr.
Fort Mill, SC 29715
(803)547-3223 1030.8 K-12
- Mount Pleasant Grades: 3-12 | 71 students
690 Coleman Blvd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
(843)884-0902 1163.3 3-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.