Heartland Lutheran High School
- Heartland Lutheran High School is a ministry of Christian education owned and operated by the Lutheran High School Association of Central Nebraska, Inc., an association of Lutheran Church Missouri Synod congregations.
- HLHS is operated in agreement and compliance with the doctrine and practice of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- Our educational program is based on the teachings of the Bible as the inerrant Word of God and the faithful exposition of these teachings as outlined in the Lutheran confessions god is Triune one eternal God existing in three separate and distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Christian education applying God's Law and Gospel to all aspects of life and learning is a shared responsibility among the home, the church, and the school.
- The Christian education of children is commanded by God and is the only way a child can develop to his or her full potential spiritually, socially, and academically.
- We believe that this education is especially important during the high school years, when students face immense pressure to conform to a secular worldview.
- As a result, HLHS teaches all subjects from a Christian worldview, integrating the faith in all subjects.
- Teachers also model Christ's love to their students. Through the Holy Spirit, Heartland Lutheran High School seeks to help students grow in their faith in Christ to become Christian leaders in an increasingly non-Christian world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available|
|Admissions Director||Lloyd W Wagnitz|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Golf, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Golf, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Island Grades: 6-12 | 294 students
1200 Ruby Avenue
Grand Island, NE 68803
(308)384-2440 3.3 6-12
- Glendale Grades: 9-12 | 35 students
18001 N 79th Ave Ste B42
Glendale, AZ 85308
(866)736-7811 908.7 9-12
- Fort Mill Grades: K-12 | 141 students
375 Star Light Dr.
Fort Mill, SC 29715
(803)547-3223 1031.4 K-12
- Mount Pleasant Grades: 3-12 | 63 students
690 Coleman Blvd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
(843)884-0902 1163.6 3-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.