St Cecilia Middle Sch/high School
Tel: (402) 462-2105
- The mission of the Hastings Catholic Schools is to prepare all students to become responsible citizens, life-long learners, and strong Catholic witnesses, who find meaningful purpose in this life and for eternity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(White Polo Shirt and School Skirt or Khaki/Navy Blue Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,300|
|Tuition Notes||$2,300 is the average cost and will vary depending on grade level and whether family is considered \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Band (Marching/Jazz/Pep), Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Catholic Medical Careers Association, Cheerleading, Dance Team, Future Business Leaders of America, National Honor Society, One-Act Play, Quiz Bowl, Spirit Singers, Student Council, Swing Choir, Teens for Life, Whatcha' Doin'?|
- Belief Statements of the Hastings Catholic Schools:
- We believe that every student bears within himself/herself the image of God the Creator, and therefore, that every student has a mind capable of knowing the truth, a will capable of choosing the good, and a body capable of glorifying God.
- We believe that we are bound to help students grow more fully into the image of God by providing them a good Catholic formatioon of mind, will, and body.
- We believe that excellent instruction in both religious and secular sciences will contribute to students knowing the truth.
- We believe that teaching, modeling, and demanding good moral action from our students will help them to grow in virtue so that they will choose the good consistently and easily.
- We believe that training students in divine worship; musical, theatrical, and other artistic performances; and athletics will help them to glorify God in their bodies.
- We believe that forming students' minds, wills, and bodies according to the image of God in them will help them to discern and live their vocations in ways that help others and advance the Kingdom of God in the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hastings Grades: PK-8 | 86 students
465 S Marian Rd
Hastings, NE 68901
(402) 462-5012 1.9 PK-8
- Alliance Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
1104 Cheyenne Ave
Alliance, NE 69301
(308) 762-2315 255.2 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: K-8 | 102 students
1400 Harvell Drive
Bellevue, NE 68005
(402) 898-4222 134.9 K-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?