Zion Lutheran School
- Zion Lutheran School of Kearney has offered high quality, Christ-centered education for over 87 years! Zion Lutheran is a state-approved school and all teachers are Nebraska-certified.
- Zion has also been recognized as the Best of Kearney Preschool four times! Come see why so many know Zion to be a school of excellence.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Solid polos and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||While we do charge tuition, we never want money to be the reason that a family not attend our school. We do offer tuition assistance and make every effort to help those who want to attend.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
- Zion Lutheran School of Kearney is a private, nonprofit organization, therefore it is necessary for the school to charge tuition. Various scholarships, tuition-assistance, and other tuition programs are available to help with the cost of education. The principal or administrative assistant would be more than happy to discuss the various options with you. We never want tuition to be a deterrent to those seeking a Christian education - we will work with you to make it possible for you to enroll your child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kearney Grades: K-8 | 84 students
5710 19th Ave
Kearney, NE 68845
(308)236-8744 0.2 K-8
- Alliance Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
1104 Cheyenne Ave
Alliance, NE 69301
(308)762-2315 219.4 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: K-8 | 102 students
1400 Harvell Drive
Bellevue, NE 68005
(402)898-4222 168.1 K-8
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.