New Life Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Our Mission: To educate students academically, spiritually, & culturally and to develop their character; to allow students to realize their God-given potential and to live lives that glorify God.
- New Life Christian Academy is a church school (nonpublic) founded in 1990 by Pastors Willie and Annie Blackmon.
- We educate and minister to the whole child--mind, body, and spirit.
- In attendance are grades K3 preschool through 12th grade.
- New Life Christian Academy believes in providing a superior education.
- NLCA is a member of the Association of Christian Schools.
- Our graduates continue their learning process through enrolling in pre-professional programs of study at universities, and even enlisting in the military.
- The Academy uses the A Beka curriculum and our three year old are prepared to read using this curriculum.
New Life Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Highest percentage of students of color
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$300|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Cheering, Dance, GymnasticsBallet, Cheering,|
- It is our honor as a church school to provide your child with a wholesome, educational experience. Children grow in the admonition of the Lord to fulfill their God given purpose. We academically challenge them via our college preparatory curriculum while providing opportunities for techinical/career courses.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Troy Grades: PK-K | 84 students
Po Box 613 701 E Collegedale Street
Troy, AL 36081
(334)566-3010 1.4 PK-K
- Troy Grades: PK-12 | 445 students
Po Box 329
Troy, AL 36081
(334)566-2023 6.5 PK-12
As a Christian school, we can design instruction to personalize attention through smaller class sizes in order to not only meet state standards, but to exceed those state standards. This is a position of strength, particularly when you consider that we exceed the standards for today's fast paced learning with a biblical worldview.
- Posted by Parent - Polly Cope Laird
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.