Newberry Academy Photo #2 - Newberry Academy hosts several cheerleading teams at the intramural, middle school and Varsity level, which includes the current SCISA State Championship Competition Team.
Newberry Academy Photo #4 - Newberry Academy features a Junior Varsity 8-Man team, comprised of talented athletes in grades 5th - 8th. The Eagles compete against teams from throughout the Midlands region.
Newberry Academy Photo #5 - Newberry Academy's preschool program begins in Grade 3K and runs through 5K, and gives students an opportunity to begin their college-preparatory learning experience in a safe and imaginative environment.
Newberry Academy Photo #6 - Both Lower and Upper School students have the opportunity to participate in many Fine Arts projects through regularly scheduled art classes and showcase their work in Fall & Spring Art Shows.
Newberry Academy Photo #7 - Each year School Spirit Week is capped off by a rousing PowderPuff football game, where students enjoy both participating in and cheering on their fellow classmates.
Newberry Academy Photo #8 - Every three years the Upper School has the opportunity to visit Washington, DC for a week, where they visit historical monuments & landmarks throughout the region. This year's 2014 trip was an incredible experience!
- For nearly 50 years, Newberry Academy has been the school of choice for parents seeking an institution that promotes a safe and nurturing atmosphere with a challenging college preparatory environment.
- With extracurricular programs ranging from academic competition teams to interscholastic athletics, Newberry Academy not only provides children with our exemplary academic program, but also with numerous social and competitive opportunities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Average SAT score||1147|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,900|
National avg.: 85%
- As you peruse our website, newberryacademy.com, or call to speak to our office staff, you will see and hear the proof of the following facts:
- * 9 to 1 student/ teacher campus ratio
- * School preparatory curriculum beginning in 3K
- * 1147 SAT average score for class of 2013 (1600 scale)
- * 96% college acceptance rate for recent graduates
- *98% student participation in Performing Arts
- *Numerous individual student honors, including National Merit and Jr. Civitan State Governor
- * 89% student participation in Athletics
- * Numerous state championships in interscholastic athletics over the last 5 years
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chapin Grades: PK-6 | 73 students
432 E Boundary St
Chapin, SC 29036
(803)345-9428 18 PK-6
- Chapin Grades: 9-12 | 700 students
125 Lake Vista Dr
Chapin, SC 29036
(844)409-0521 20.6 9-12
- Batesburg Grades: PK-12 | 218 students
1046 Sardis Rd
Batesburg, SC 29006
(803)532-6682 20.6 PK-12
- Irmo Grades: PK-12 | 29 students
10245 Broad River Rd
Irmo, SC 29063
(803)781-6970 26.6 PK-12
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.