Nw Village School-wheeler Clinic
- New Village School Wheeler Clinic, founded in 1968, is a unique provider of behavioral health services with an unusually broad array of services and capabilities that includes mental health, substance abuse, special education, early childhood development, prevention and community education.
- At Wheeler Clinic, we see children and families in terms of their unique strengths.
- Our services focus on developing those strengths through a family-focused, community-based approach to treatment, special education and prevention and wellness programs.
- Services are offered in Bristol, Hartford, New Britain, Farmington, Newington and Plainville.
- The clinic is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the American Association of Suicidology.
- Our programs and services are licensed or approved by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, Department of Education, the Department of Public Health and Department of Insurance.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.