Nw Village School-wheeler Clinic
- New Village School Wheeler Clinic, founded in 1968, is a unique provider of behavioral health services with an unusually broad array of services and capabilities that includes mental health, substance abuse, special education, early childhood development, prevention and community education.
- At Wheeler Clinic, we see children and families in terms of their unique strengths.
- Our services focus on developing those strengths through a family-focused, community-based approach to treatment, special education and prevention and wellness programs.
- Services are offered in Bristol, Hartford, New Britain, Farmington, Newington and Plainville.
- The clinic is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the American Association of Suicidology.
- Our programs and services are licensed or approved by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, Department of Education, the Department of Public Health and Department of Insurance.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.