St Matthew School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Matthew School is a small private Catholic school located in Forestville, Connecticut and serves the members of St. Matthew parish, local parishes and the surrounding communities.
- As God's covenant people, we fulfill the religious and academic purpose of Catholic education to teach Catholic doctrine and moral values, to develop academic skills, to create a high standard of academic achievement, to build a positive self image and respect for others.
- The St. Matthew School Development Program was established in 1990 and is largely a volunteer, school board driven, comprehensive process, which strives to develop friends, students, and funds.
- The Development Program's purpose is essentially threefold to build awareness and acceptance for St.Matthew School, To seek and retain students for the school.
- St. Matthew School is committed to the education of the whole child by recognizing and accepting each individual regardless of age, gender, creed, socio-economic status or race as a unique creation loved by God.
- As a faith community, priests, sisters, lay faculty, staff, parents, parishioners and students are committed to impart the Gospel as a way of life by striving to actively live and spread this Christian message.
- As we work together to educate students spiritually, academically, and socially we prepare them to become contributing Christian members of society.
- It is our responsibility to follow the policies and guidelines of the Archdiocese of Hartford and therefore provide challenges and opportunities for all students to experience growth in all aspects of their development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bristol Grades: NS-8 | 77 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)583-5631 2.4 NS-8
- Bristol Grades: 4-12 | 9 students
48 Lewis St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)589-6813 2.2 4-12
- Bristol Grades: PK-8 | 197 students
335 Center St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)582-8696 1.9 PK-8
- Avon Grades: NS-8 | 117 students
150 Fisher Dr
Avon, CT 06001
(860)677-2403 10.4 NS-8
I am a former student. One of the greatest assets of SMS were the nuns that ran the school. Unfortunately, this has changed in recent years to a model where a paid administrator provides leadership. Whereas the nuns ran the school with an altruistic mission, the current administration is more interested in filling the seats with anyone that can pay. When this happens, the caliber of academics and discipline suffer.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Former Student
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.