Farmington Valley Academy Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (860) 677-2403
- Our mission at The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is to offer an excellent education characterized by intellectual rigor combined with personal warmth.
- Dr. Maria Montessori's principles and the insights of other gifted educators form a broad foundation for the school`s philosophy and curriculum.
- We seek to provide an optimal environment that will serve as a culture that encourages each student to develop to his or her fullest potential across a wide range of experiences.
- We consider ourselves to have succeeded when we have fostered in each student a sense of respect for themselves and others, an inner expectation of personal responsibility, academic achievement that matches potential, and a love of learning.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori offers a highly developed, scholastic curriculum based on the use of didactic materials which inspire the imagination and ignite the learning process.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is located in Avon, Connecticut and is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment We invite you to schedule a visit to our school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is varied depending on age of student/class|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisBallet, Baseball,|
Figure Skating, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga|
- Joyful, passionate learning where challenges are fearless.
- Critical and collaborative thinking, connecting new ideas with skills and knowledge.
- Education that brings a lifetime of curiosity, confidence and accomplishment.
- Call to schedule a tour and explore FVAM!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Enfield Grades: NS-8 | 172 students
1325 Enfield St
Enfield, CT 06082
(860) 745-5847 16.5 NS-8
- Bloomfield Grades: K-5 | 38 students
1151 Blue Hills Avenue
Bloomfield, CT 06002
(860) 243-6520 7 K-5
This is a wonderful school with high-quality education. The teachers are dedicated, caring, and very talented. During this current pandemic this school quickly shifted from in class learning to online learning, with the same class lengths and class schedules. The students are going to class online, discussing art, literature, history and science with the same passion and interest as before. They are learning math with their teachers; they are painting together for art class, singing together for music. Even the youngest of students are singing and dancing together. This school has always been special, and now this truly talented group of teachers have allowed my child's education to continue seamlessly and given him a place of normalcy and community during a very difficult time.
- Posted by Parent - Eva Ceranowicz
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?