Farmington Valley Academy Montessori
- Our mission at The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is to offer an excellent education characterized by intellectual rigor combined with personal warmth.
- Dr. Maria Montessori's principles and the insights of other gifted educators form a broad foundation for the school`s philosophy and curriculum.
- We seek to provide an optimal environment that will serve as a culture that encourages each student to develop to his or her fullest potential across a wide range of experiences.
- We consider ourselves to have succeeded when we have fostered in each student a sense of respect for themselves and others, an inner expectation of personal responsibility, academic achievement that matches potential, and a love of learning.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori offers a highly developed, scholastic curriculum based on the use of didactic materials which inspire the imagination and ignite the learning process.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is located in Avon, Connecticut and is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment We invite you to schedule a visit to our school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is varied depending on age of student/class|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisBallet, Baseball,|
Figure Skating, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga|
- Joyful, passionate learning where challenges are fearless.
- Critical and collaborative thinking, connecting new ideas with skills and knowledge.
- Education that brings a lifetime of curiosity, confidence and accomplishment.
- Call to schedule a tour and explore FVAM!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West HartfordGrades: NS-9
141 N Main St
West Hartford, CT 06107
- EnfieldGrades: NS-6 | 183 students
1325 Enfield St
Enfield, CT 06082
- AvonGrades: K-8 | 62 students
324 Montevideo Rd
Avon, CT 06001
- BerlinGrades: K-9 | 61 students
166 Lincoln Street
Berlin, CT 06037
- SouthingtonGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.