- Our mission at The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is to offer an excellent education characterized by intellectual rigor combined with personal warmth.
- Dr. Maria Montessori's principles and the insights of other gifted educators form a broad foundation for the school`s philosophy and curriculum.
- We seek to provide an optimal environment that will serve as a culture that encourages each student to develop to his or her fullest potential across a wide range of experiences.
- We consider ourselves to have succeeded when we have fostered in each student a sense of respect for themselves and others, an inner expectation of personal responsibility, academic achievement that matches potential, and a love of learning.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori offers a highly developed, scholastic curriculum based on the use of didactic materials which inspire the imagination and ignite the learning process.
- The Farmington Valley Academy Montessori is located in Avon, Connecticut and is a private educational center dedicated to providing a quality education with high academic standards in a warm loving environment We invite you to schedule a visit to our school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is varied depending on age of student/class|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisBallet, Baseball,
Figure Skating, Ice Hockey,
Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga Art, Cello, Choir, Dance, Flute, Lego, Piano, Theatre/Drama, Violin, Voice, Yoga,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: NS-9
141 N Main St
West Hartford, CT 06107
EnfieldGrades: NS-6 | 165 students
1325 Enfield St
Enfield, CT 06082
SouthingtonGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
HartfordGrades: 1-12 | 95 students
200 Retreat Ave
Hartford, CT 06106
BristolGrades: PK-8 | 165 students
30 Pleasant St
Bristol, CT 06010
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 27, 2017
This fictional interview illustrates how one set of parents chose a private school for their daughter.
April 27, 2017
Joseph Gauld is a distinguished educator who founded Hyde Schools in 1966.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.