Operation Fresh Start
Tel: (608) 244-4721
- Many OFS participants come to the OFS classroom having experienced failure in traditional schools.
- OFS goal is to help students overcome fear and frustration they often feel toward school work.
- OFS provides an individualized learning environment in which certified teachers and skilled tutors provide small group and one-on-one instruction.
- The teacher/student ratio for most lessons is 1:5. For those studying the Basic Skills Curriculum, the ratio is 1:1.
- Typically, OFS students spend 2-4 hours daily in the classroom and the remainder of the day on the service site.
|School Type||Vocational/Technical School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: PK-K | 54 students
203 Wisconsin Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
(608) 257-1772 1.8 PK-K
- Madison Grades: K-9 | 46 students
1402 Pankratz St Ste 300
Madison, WI 53704
(608) 661-8200 1.8 K-9
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
409 Dempsey Rd
Madison, WI 53714
(608) 246-5121 2 PK-8
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 138 students
4913 Schofield St
Madison, WI 53716
(608) 222-8831 2.1 PK-8
- Madison Grades: PK-K
4418 Milwaukee St.
Madison, WI 53714
(608) 217-9533 2.5 PK-K
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?