Operation Fresh Start
- Many OFS participants come to the OFS classroom having experienced failure in traditional schools.
- OFS goal is to help students overcome fear and frustration they often feel toward school work.
- OFS provides an individualized learning environment in which certified teachers and skilled tutors provide small group and one-on-one instruction.
- The teacher/student ratio for most lessons is 1:5. For those studying the Basic Skills Curriculum, the ratio is 1:1.
- Typically, OFS students spend 2-4 hours daily in the classroom and the remainder of the day on the service site.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Grades: PK-K | 54 students
203 Wisconsin Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
(608)257-1772 1.8 PK-K
- Madison Grades: PK-7 | 56 students
1402 Pankratz St Ste 300
Madison, WI 53704 1.8 PK-7
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 261 students
409 Dempsey Rd
Madison, WI 53714
(608)246-5121 2 PK-8
- Madison Grades: PK-8 | 182 students
4913 Schofield St
Madison, WI 53716
(608)222-8831 2.1 PK-8
- Madison Grades: 9-12 | 14 students
5003 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
(608)442-0935 2.6 9-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.