Our Lady Of Charity School
Tel: (708) 652-0262
- At Our Lady of Charity we believe in the power of a Catholic education that instills values, honesty, and discipline.
- Our faith, fortitude and integrity, derived from the example of Jesus in the Gospel, drive us forward in all of our endeavors – religious, academic, and physical.
- Through education and the love Christ has for us, we strive to become saints and scholars, disciples of Christ and leaders in the community.
- With enlightened minds and the courage of conviction, we will change the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Rugby, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Garden Club, Girls on the Run, Literacy Club, Math Club, Student Council, Youth Group|
- It is a major goal of Our Lady of Charity School to help each child develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, morally, and socially to his/her fullest potential. The children of Our Lady of Charity School are separate individuals who approach the world of learning with various levels of development, natural ability, and backgrounds. Hence, they learn in different ways. The teaching community will address these differences through a variety of learning experiences, adjusting the curriculum to the perceived needs of each child. In all that it attempts to do, the school recognizes the parent as the primary educator of the child. The school builds on and enhances what is learned within the family; school and family are partners in the education of the child. Recognizing the need to develop the whole child, Our Lady of Charity School is dedicated to academic excellence in a Catholic environment. We believe that this environment must fulfill five pillars of excellence: Catholic Spirit, Academic Excellence, Collaborative Leadership, Community Focus, and Commitment to Service.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.