Our Redeemer Lutheran School
Our Redeemer Lutheran School is a faith-based, family-focused center for academic excellence with the core purpose of developing its preschool through eighth grade students into lifelong learners and leaders with an unwavering commitment to Christ and the common good.
Our Redeemer Lutheran School has been on the forefront of education for over 50 years.
As a National Blue Ribbon School and a 2017 Shepherd Express Best Elementary School winner, Our Redeemer consistently achieves academic excellence, preparing our students for high school and beyond.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 164 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,800
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild learning differences addressed through our Lutheran Special School & Educational Services Program
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 33%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Dress code noted in parent handbook available upon request
Dress code noted in parent handbook available upon request
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition costs vary from student fees assessed church member families. Costs also vary regarding 3K, 4K, 5K vs. full day students in grades 1-8. Financial aid is available for families qualifying through the SMART Tuition Aid process.
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
After School programs (art, crafts, chess, knitting, etc.), Forensics Club, Reading Club for gr. 1-4
- Quality academic education in a Christian environment
- Top 10% in standardized test scores
- Safe and secure family environment
- Extremely dedicated, caring, and professional teachers
- Teacher to student ratio at 1:12
- State-of-the-art STEM program using 3D printing, robots, coding, engineering design and more
- Full day & half-day programs for 3K, 4K, & 5K
- School Child Care offered from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM for enrolled students on school days
- Accreditation through National Lutheran School Accreditation - LCMS and Wisconsin Religious and Independent School Association
- Full-time Spanish instructor (5K full-day through grade 8)
- P. E. specialist serves grade 5K through 8
- Onsite special support teacher for individualized educational support in areas such as reading, math, and language arts
- After school enrichment classes and extra-curricular activities including youth group, athletics, drama, forensics, scouts, reading and writing clubs, art, and more
- Full music program with two music specialists plus band & handbell directors
- Hot lunch prepared on-site, fresh daily
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Our Redeemer Lutheran School cost?
Our Redeemer Lutheran School's tuition is approximately $5,800 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Our Redeemer Lutheran School?
The acceptance rate of Our Redeemer Lutheran School is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 93%.
What sports does Our Redeemer Lutheran School offer?
Our Redeemer Lutheran School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Our Redeemer Lutheran School?
The application deadline for Our Redeemer Lutheran School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Being an integral part of this school has been such a blessing to me. It is wonderful to experience the family climate/atmosphere. Parents are in and out of the building all the time, welcome in our halls, as volunteers and solicited for their opinions and input. We are a team with parents and it shows! 100% attendance at the student-led conferences in grades 2 - 8, volunteerism for the annual BB tourney and other programs, and the support we feel for our school auction and student assistance program are unparalleled. Being able to provide a quality Christian education in this environment also means that we operate with grace and forgiveness when things need to addressed. What great place for FAMILIES Our Redeemer really is!
My child transitioned seamlessly from the public school system to Our Redeemer. They helped us every step of the way! They truly DO care about every single child in attendance. My child has specific learning disabilities and I was hesitant at first with sending him to a private school. I was always under the impression that the appropriate services for him would be lacking and that we would be back to square one. My concerns were totally unfounded. Lutheran Special Schools Services at ORLS have exceeded my expectations. My child is currently enrolled in fifth grade at ORLS. I am ECSTATIC to report that my child has gone from reading and writing at the first grade level in the public school to fourth grade level within one school year. Also, his faith has exploded which is important to me. Three more reasons I would recommend this learning institution: The class sizes are small with very low student to teacher ratios. They maintain a strict adherence to their anti-bullying policies. Extremely open lines of communication between Administration/Faculty and families. I cannot recommend this school highly enough!
Endorse Our Redeemer Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.