Santa Fe Girls' School Photo #3 - Monitoring at Project PRESERVE, SFGS' 9-acre riparian restoration site on the Santa Fe River
The mission of Santa Fe Girls' School is to foster intellectual growth and emotional strength in adolescent girls, preparing them for the demands of high school, college and young adulthood.
Santa Fe Girls' School, grades 6 through 8, emphasizes strong academic skill development, enriched with elective classes including drama, art, voleyball, fitness, Spanish, sign language, cooking, music, dance, book making, community outreach.
Classes are conducted in a Socratic, seminar style with dialogue as a primary learning mode.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 39 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,100
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition assistance available.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
drama, Guitar, running team
- Education at Santa Fe Girls' School is a dynamic, open-ended, personal process that requires dialogue and exchange of ideas among students and teachers. The school focuses on building students' critical and divergent thinking skills as they learn to articulate opinions. SFGS believes that diversity in the classroom creates excitement for learning. Multiple perspectives from students and from a variety of texts provide stimuli for lively discussion. Class size is limited to 15 students, creating an atmosphere for free exchange and examining of ideas. Most SFGS students graduate from 8th grade with 11th-12th grade academic skill equivalencies.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Santa Fe Girls' School cost?
Santa Fe Girls' School's tuition is approximately $11,100 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Santa Fe Girls' School?
The acceptance rate of Santa Fe Girls' School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 87%.
When is the application deadline for Santa Fe Girls' School?
The application deadline for Santa Fe Girls' School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
HI I am interested in having my daughter attend a school that will benefit her life, her maturity, and her education.
Endorse Santa Fe Girls' School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.