Sauganash Montessori School
Sauganash Montessori School offers exceptional early childhood education in warm, home-like atmosphere.
Our mission is to cultivate a child's natural desire to learn and provide the child with a prepared environment in which they may freely explore the world around them.
Within the prepared environment,children experience the excitement of discovery and are fundamentally motivated by a love for knowledge.
Rolling admissions, eligible on 3rd birthday. Please call to schedule a tour now!.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Students: 57 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer rates vary by program selected. See our website for current summer tuition rates.
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Rates vary by selected schedule. Please see our website for current tuition and program options.
- Sauganash Montessori School (SMS) located at 5750 N. Rogers at the corner of Rogers and Kilbourn Avenue opened in the fall of 2004. The preschool and kindergarten enrolls children ages 3 6 years old and is open from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. The school follows a traditional academic year calendar and offers a nine week summer camp. SMS provides half day, partial day and all day programs.
- Sauganash Montessori School is very proud to offer exceptional early childhood education to the Edgebrook-Sauganash Community and the surrounding area. SMS has created two beautiful and spacious classrooms, set in a warm home-like atmosphere, for children three to six years of age. The school is governed by the strict ethical codes of the American Montessori Society and follows DCFS and Illinois State Board of Education regulations. SMS began with one classroom of 17 children in 2004. By the end of 2005 SMS enrolled 28 children and expanded to hold 60 children in the fall of 2008. The child to teacher ratio is always 10 to 1 or under.
Endorse Sauganash Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.