- Sharkey-Issaquena Academy is a private, non-profit organization for the total education of the child.
- SIA is accredited by the Mississippi Private School Association. The Administration, faculty, students, and parents of Sharkey-Issaquena Academy shall strive to provide educational and social opportunities that will enable the student to attain maximum growth mentally, physically, morally, socially, culturally, and spiritually, so that he/she may develop into a responsible citizen.
- Since part of the responsibility for the full development of our students must be borne by the home, the church, the community, and other agencies, we actively seek their support in sharing this responsibility.
- Sharkey-Issaquena Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
- It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other school administered programs. Scholarships may be available to minority students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake ProvidenceGrades: PK-12 | 185 students
301 Riddle Ln
Lake Providence, LA 71254
- ArcolaGrades: PK-12 | 172 students
Po Box 376 300 Deer Creek Circ
Arcola, MS 38722
- Yazoo CityGrades: PK-12 | 403 students
2132 Gordon Ave
Yazoo City, MS 39194
- BelzoniGrades: K-12 | 175 students
Po Box 179
Belzoni, MS 39038
- GreenvilleGrades: 7-12 | 231 students
1501 V F W Rd
Greenville, MS 38701
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.