- The Shenker Academy uses the Multiple Intelligence Theory, created by Dr. Howard Gardner.
- This innovative educational theory defines eight different intelligences or strengths that we all possess.
- Our learning environment encourages children to explore and exercise all of the eight intelligences with hands-on, multi-sensory activities.
- The daily lesson plans are designed so each child can develop independent thinking skills, creativity and higher levels of problem-solving.
- The Preschool and Kindergarten programs promote and develop confidence and individual expression in each child.
- Hebrew, Spanish and Sign Language are a part of the curriculum.
- Our Teachers are experienced, trained and certified early childhood professionals.
- The Academy maintains low student-teacher ratios, allowing for individualized learning in a safe, nurturing environment.
- The learning environment is filled with developmentally appropriate toys and learning materials, giving the children opportunities to learn through the eight intelligences.
- Our teachers plan daily activities to encourage the children's creativity, socialization, independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The Shenker Academy is a non-denominational Preschool and Kindergarten. Our Kindergarten is licensed by the Clark County School District.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-K | 39 students
2761 Emerson Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(702)733-6292 11.3 PK-K
- Las Vegas Grades: NS-8 | 251 students
1312 Vista Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702)259-1000 6 NS-8
- Henderson Grades: PK-8 | 126 students
55 N Valle Verde Dr
Henderson, NV 89074
(702)838-8003 17.3 PK-8
- Henderson Grades: K | 87 students
1940 Paseo Verde Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89012
(702)454-4848 17.5 K
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.