Shrine Of St Anne School
- * The Shrine of St. Anne School opened our doors in Old Town Arvada on September 5, 1961.
- For the past 50+ years, we have been committed to forming the souls, minds, and hearts of the thousands of students who have passed through our doors.
- We are proud to teach and follow the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools.
- * The Shrine of St. Anne School delivers a high quality curriculum steeped in fundamental and traditional standards and objectives which is brought to life by an outstanding core of teachers.
- * The Shrine of St. Anne School believes that every child can learn, but recognizes that not all children learn in the same way, at the same pace, or come in at the same place.
- Our classroom instruction is differentiated to meet those varied needs.
Shrine Of St Anne School places among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for admissions information. www.stannescatholic.com|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Lego STEM Class, Math Counts Team, Spelling Bee, Sticky Fingers Cooking Class
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Troupe
- The Shrine of St. Anne School opened our doors in Old Town Arvada on September 5, 1961. For the past 50+ years, we have been committed to forming the souls, minds, and hearts of the thousands of students who have passed through our doors. We are proud to teach and follow the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools.The Shrine of St. Anne School`s academic and faith-based education program is rooted in Christ, in Knowledge, and in Tradition. These are the pillars upon which our school stands. The Shrine of St. Anne School teaches Kindergartners through 8th Graders. On top of becoming 21st century learners within our outstanding classrooms, students live the Catholic faith through participating in weekly mass, daily prayer and pledge, various service projects, and day-to-day interactions with others. Our teachers use the Nashville Dominican Virtues in Practice program to further educate our students on the call to sainthood. The Shrine of St. Anne School delivers a high quality curriculum steeped in fundamental and traditional standards and objectives which is brought to life by an outstanding core of teachers. Students in The Shrine of St. Anne School routinely test above grade level on standardized testing. They also do extremely well when they move on to the local Catholic high schools, as well as the public schools. High schools in the Arvada area and beyond are consistently quite complimentary of our students and love to see them come to their schools!The Shrine of St. Anne School believes that every child can learn, but recognizes that not all children learn in the same way, at the same pace, or come in at the same place. Our classroom instruction is differentiated to meet those varied needs. We also have an educational interventionist on staff to work with students struggling in reading or math, or to challenge students in need of it. We use DRA to assess reading, as well as STAR Assessments for reading and math. We provide access to programs such as Learning Ally and Lexia to assist our students. Our teachers also use that data to drive their planning, instruction, and formative assessment. The Shrine of St. Anne School prides itself on our athletics program. Students can develop and compete in cross country, basketball, co-ed flag football, volleyball, and baseball. We compete in the Catholic Schools Athletic League against other Catholic schools, in which our students have experienced a great deal of success, and of course fun!The Shrine of St. Anne School also offers various extra-curricular activities for students to take part in such as Spelling Bee, Math Counts, Drama Troupe, Student Council, Chess Club, and Sticky Fingers Cooking Classes.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arvada Grades: NS-PK | 35 students
6711 Grandview Avenue
Arvada, CO 80002
(303)425-9501 0.4 NS-PK
- Arvada Grades: NS-12 | 1035 students
4890 Carr Street
Arvada, CO 80002
(303)424-7310 1.2 NS-12
- Wheat Ridge Grades: PK-8 | 261 students
3920 Pierce St
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303)424-0402 2.1 PK-8
- Wheat Ridge Grades: NS | 25 students
7530 W 38th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
(303)432-8852 2.2 NS
- Denver Grades: 9-12 | 381 students
4343 Utica St
Denver, CO 80212
(303)455-7449 2.5 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.