Shrine Of St Anne School
- Top Ranked CO School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 245 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Shrine Of St Anne School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Club, Lego STEM Class, Math Counts Team, Spelling Bee
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Troupe
- The Shrine of St. Anne School opened our doors in Old Town Arvada on September 5, 1961. For the past 50+ years, we have been committed to forming the souls, minds, and hearts of the thousands of students who have passed through our doors. We are proud to teach and follow the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of Denver Office of Catholic Schools.The Shrine of St. Anne School`s academic and faith-based education program is rooted in Christ, in Knowledge, and in Tradition. These are the pillars upon which our school stands. The Shrine of St. Anne School teaches Kindergartners through 8th Graders. On top of becoming 21st century learners within our outstanding classrooms, students live the Catholic faith through participating in weekly mass, daily prayer and pledge, various service projects, and day-to-day interactions with others. Our teachers use the Nashville Dominican Virtues in Practice program to further educate our students on the call to sainthood. The Shrine of St. Anne School delivers a high quality curriculum steeped in fundamental and traditional standards and objectives which is brought to life by an outstanding core of teachers. Students in The Shrine of St. Anne School routinely test above grade level on standardized testing. They also do extremely well when they move on to the local Catholic high schools, as well as the public schools. High schools in the Arvada area and beyond are consistently quite complimentary of our students and love to see them come to their schools!The Shrine of St. Anne School believes that every child can learn, but recognizes that not all children learn in the same way, at the same pace, or come in at the same place. Our classroom instruction is differentiated to meet those varied needs. We also have an educational interventionist on staff to work with students struggling in reading or math, or to challenge students in need of it. We use DRA to assess reading, as well as STAR Assessments for reading and math. We provide access to programs such as Learning Ally and Lexia to assist our students. Our teachers also use that data to drive their planning, instruction, and formative assessment. The Shrine of St. Anne School prides itself on our athletics program. Students can develop and compete in cross country, basketball, co-ed flag football, volleyball, and baseball. We compete in the Catholic Schools Athletic League against other Catholic schools, in which our students have experienced a great deal of success, and of course fun!The Shrine of St. Anne School also offers various extra-curricular activities for students to take part in such as Spelling Bee, Math Counts, Drama Troupe, Student Council, Chess Club, and Sticky Fingers Cooking Classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Shrine Of St Anne School offer?
Shrine Of St Anne School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football and Volleyball.
What is Shrine Of St Anne School's ranking?
Shrine Of St Anne School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Shrine Of St Anne School?
The application deadline for Shrine Of St Anne School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Shrine Of St Anne School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards