Spalding Catholic School
- Our school has a tradition of excellence with founding of individual parish schools in Alton, Granville and Hospers, Iowa. Through the last 100 years, our school has changed and grown with the times, and currently we are a PreK-6 school located in Alton, Iowa.
- Our students come from surrounding areas, including Orange City, Alton, Hospers and Granville.
- We have strong traditions in technology. Our seasoned staff offers individualized attention, and with the family atmosphere, our children grow and thrive in a caring environment.
- We prepare students for the future with service learning, foreign language exposure (Spanish) in grades K-6, and a project learning focus. We are known for our faith, science education and consistently high assessment results.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,000|
|Tuition Notes||Grades K-6 tuition is $3000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Dan Goebel|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Band available through school partnership
- Center in Alton (grades PreK-6).
- Our own busing system for both rural and city routes.
- Specials courses taught by certified teachers in PE, Art, and Music.
- Project based learning and STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Math) focus infused in the curriculum.
- Values based education taught and other-focused outcomes expected.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ankeny Grades: NS-12 | 350 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515)965-8114 149.9 NS-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319)223-5271 219.1 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
403 Park Street
Bellevue, IA 52031
(563)872-3284 288.4 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.