- Learning is a lifelong process. Spectrum Progressive School has served the Rockford area since 1967, offering a genuine alternative to traditional education.
- At Spectrum Progressive, we believe all children are unique. We believe every child learns in a different way and every child has undiscovered gifts, talents, and potential.
- We involve each student in a personalized, action-oriented curriculum throughout all developmental levels.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Allow children to develop, through active involvement, the skills of reasoning, planning, and problem-solving within and beyond the school setting;
- Allow students to develop secure self-concepts based on belief in their own abilities and firm foundations in the fundamentals of learning;
- Guide the children to direct exploration of the arts, literature, the accomplishments of civilizations and the diversity of cultural heritage;
Profile last updated: 09/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
6413 Forest Hills Road
Rockford, IL 61114
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
2300 North Bell Avenue
Rockford, IL 61103
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 245 students
6284 Valley Knoll Dr
Rockford, IL 61109
RockfordGrades: PK-9 | 60 students
325 North Alpine Road
Rockford, IL 61107
We love this school. My two kids can't wait to get to school in the morning. They learning environment is exceptional. The kids learn how to learn using a multiple intelligences approach. The 12:1 student/teacher ration is fantastic. My kids have increased their self-confidence and knowledge in an environment that values exploration, instead of learning by rote.
- Posted by Parent - dbocc
I just wanted to say I LOVE spectrum so much and we would be there if we hadn't moved to California. Miss the school and its amazing teachers and staff everyday! I recommend always when my friends in the area are searching. Every staff member and teacher works tirelessly to innovate and engage students always. Their dedication, passion and care and love for the kids is something very special that you do not see everyday. Amazing School!
- Posted by Parent - steph