Montessori Private Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Montessori Private Academy is an independent private school offering a comprehensive education for children aged 24 months to 15 years old in a challenging yet nurturing environment.
- In addition, we offer classes for toddlers and infants with their parents as well as community education and parenting workshops. Montessori Private Academy is a great place to learn and a fun place to be! Students, parents, grandparents and staff make up a committed school community that works together to educate children. Since 1983, MPA has served Rockford, Belvidere and surrounding communities as the only private Montessori offering Young Child, Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle School classes.
- Montessori Private Academy was founded in 1983 by a group of motivated parents desiring private Montessori education.
- MPA functions as a not for profit corporation with a parent board of trustees.
- MPA has a strong track record of high quality, authentic Montessori teaching.
- As a full member of the American Montessori Society, MPA adheres to its standards for teacher training, classroom materials, implementation of Montessori philosophy and financial management.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Brittany Nowicki|
|Admissions Associate||Lynn Glovsky|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Pop Choir, Science Club, Spanish Club, Yearbook Club
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: NS-7 | 64 students
6413 Forest Hills Road
Rockford, IL 61114
(815)877-1489 5.7 NS-7
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 324 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)399-8823 5.6 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 149 students
5622 35th St
Rockford, IL 61109
(815)874-3883 5.2 PK-12
This school is excellent in every way. We don't want to move away from the area for fear that we won't find another school that can educate our son as well as Montessori Private Academy of Rockford.
- Posted by Parent - Midwestern Girl
The review posted February 14, 2013. If the school administration posts reviews, read this again as there are four (4) obvious errors. Am sure the person meant staff & not stuffs; "been there since ''his 3yrs old''"; in 1st grade know vs. now & "and for sure we will be back." Hopefully this well meaning parent is not helping with assignment sent home.
- Posted by Parent - pferr
I have no complain about this school. The teachers are very excellent, the stuffs are friendly. ..my son has been there since his 3yrs old and he is in 1st grade know and for sure we will be back because this is the best school in town.
- Posted by Parent - endom
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.