Rockford Christian Schools
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Rockford Christian Schools is a Christ-centered non-denominational Pre-K through 12th grade College Prepartory School. Featuring 16 Advanced Placement Classes, full course offerings including fine arts, foreign languages, athletics, STEM and engineering programming, Rockford Christian Schools is the largest non-denominational private school in the state-line area. The mission of Rockford Christian Schools is to challenge young people to know Christ as Lord, apply God's truth in all areas of life, love others sacrificially, and achieve the highest level of knowledge and skill in order to serve God and others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP Mandarin Chinese, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History,|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for tuition rates. Preschool, Elementary, and Middle/High School rates are all different.|
|Admissions Director||Traci Larson|
|Admissions Associate||Sue Carter|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Clubs - Grades Kdg - 5th, Chemistry Club, Cultural Events Club, Earth Keepers Club, International Club, Key Club, Little Lions League Athletics - Kdg - Grade 3, National Honor Society, Newspaper & Yearbook Staff, Praise Band, Robotics Team, Scholastics Bowl, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Strings Club, Student Government, Superlative Artist Society|
- A Rockford Christian School experience is one that energizes your child's personality and intellect, and introduces students to a world of ideas and possibilities. A Rockford Christian education can help your child gain admission into some of the best colleges and universities in the country. Rockford Christian provides an atmosphere where academics and full extra-curricular offerings blend together to provide the best in Christ-centered college preparatory education in the area.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 324 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)399-8823 4.6 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 226 students
5626 Safford Road
Rockford, IL 61101
(815)962-4841 9.2 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: PK-8 | 424 students
4407 Highcrest Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)398-5331 3.1 PK-8
We transferred our child to Rockford Christian School from a district 205 school that was advocating medication. Needless to say our child flourished with Rockford Christian he is a straight A student and doing just fabulously. We were truly blessed to have our child in this school. I would recommend this school to anyone it is the best. This is a school that really cares about their students. It is not a country club as to who donates the most money gets preferential treatment, this school is true to its mission statement. I thank the whole faculty at this school God Bless you all.
- Posted by Parent - satisfied parent
We were a transfer family, we transferred our son to Rockford Christian from another private school in Rockford. We are so pleased with our decision, only wish we would have done it sooner. The teachers are so dedicated and involved with the students. The curriculum is challenging and interesting. I like the fact that students are encouraged to learn outside the box, they don't just sit at a desk for 7 hours a day and memorize facts. The projects and hands on learning makes it fun for students to get involved. We were very impressed by the use of technology in our middle school student. Our son made great friends fast, families are all wonderful and accepting. The athletics are top notch, many state contenders.
- Posted by Parent - Randy
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.