5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (815) 877-1600
- Learning is a lifelong process. Spectrum Progressive School has served the Rockford area since 1967, offering a genuine alternative to traditional education.
- At Spectrum Progressive, we believe all children are unique.
- We believe every child learns in a different way and every child has undiscovered gifts, talents, and potential.
- We involve each student in a personalized, action-oriented curriculum throughout all developmental levels.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The goals of the curriculum are to:
- Allow children to develop, through active involvement, the skills of reasoning, planning, and problem-solving within and beyond the school setting;
- Allow students to develop secure self-concepts based on belief in their own abilities and firm foundations in the fundamentals of learning;
- Guide the children to direct exploration of the arts, literature, the accomplishments of civilizations and the diversity of cultural heritage;
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: NS-7 | 64 students
6413 Forest Hills Road
Rockford, IL 61114
(815) 877-1489 3.4 NS-7
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 281 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
(815) 399-8823 2.2 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: K-9 | 54 students
325 North Alpine Road
Rockford, IL 61107
(815) 399-0880 0.2 K-9
We love this school. My two kids can't wait to get to school in the morning. They learning environment is exceptional. The kids learn how to learn using a multiple intelligences approach. The 12:1 student/teacher ration is fantastic. My kids have increased their self-confidence and knowledge in an environment that values exploration, instead of learning by rote.
- Posted by Parent - dbocc
I just wanted to say I LOVE spectrum so much and we would be there if we hadn't moved to California. Miss the school and its amazing teachers and staff everyday! I recommend always when my friends in the area are searching. Every staff member and teacher works tirelessly to innovate and engage students always. Their dedication, passion and care and love for the kids is something very special that you do not see everyday. Amazing School!
- Posted by Parent - steph
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.