Rockford Lutheran Academy
- For more than 45 years, Rockford Lutheran has provided quality Christian education to students from Pre-School through Grade 12.
- Our student and family benefits include expansive academic and athletic programs and award-winning Fine Arts Programs.
- We are State Certified and have experienced faculty that provide children with a safe Christian learning environment.
- We are open to all faiths. Families from more than one hundred area churches currently entrust their children to our safe, secure and Christ-centered learning environment.
- We would like to partner with you to create a future that is right for your child.
- For a personal tour or more information, please call 815-877-9551.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for current tuition prices.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sue Woolbright|
|Admissions Associate||Tina Hoffmann|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Ability Based Learning: Students are grouped according to academic evaluation and their curriculum will be adjusted in Reading, Math, and Language Arts to allow for individual success at grade level skills and beyond in grades 2 – 5. Kindergarten and 1st grade are ability based in reading.
- Stanford testing in grades K – 5. Student's average 2 - 3 grade levels above the national and state averages.
- Foreign Language – Spanish is taught at all grade levels in Pre School – 5.
- Fine Arts offered in: Art; Band; Computer; Drama; Orchestra; Physical Education
- Sports Teams - Various sports (co-ed soccer, cross country, football, volleyball, spirit squad, track and wrestling) are sponsored by Rockford Lutheran School in grade 5. Academy students may also participate on Lutheran teams promoted by local organizations; these are not school sponsored.
- Before/After School Day Care – Our academy has an exemplary Before / After Care program. Students are attended to from 6:30 A.M. – 7:45 A.M. for before care and from 3:15 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. for after care.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 324 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)399-8823 1.9 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: NS-8 | 82 students
811 Locust St
Rockford, IL 61101
(815)965-3335 3.8 NS-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?