5.00 (1 review)
- Academics at Alpine Academy are focused on a strong core curriculum in reading, mathematics, science, language arts, social studies, and religion.
- In addition, special programs in Spanish language, music, and fine arts are also provided.
- Below is an overview of the kindergarten through sixth grade curriculum offered at Alpine Academy.
- Alpine Academy was founded on the ideal that children who are enriched spiritually and academically have a dedication to lifelong learning and are well prepared for their journey towards a successful adulthood.
- Alpine Academy is a private, independent school with a Lutheran philosophy operated by Alpine Lutheran Church.
- We are accredited through North Central Lutheran and registered with the Illinois State Board of Education.
- We welcome students of any religion, race, national and ethnic origin.
- Many of our students come from a variety of religious backgrounds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Speech Therapy, Learning Difficulties|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or Blue Pants, Blue, Red, White tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Grades: NS-7 | 64 students
6413 Forest Hills Road
Rockford, IL 61114
(815)877-1489 4.7 NS-7
- Rockford Grades: PK-12 | 149 students
5622 35th St
Rockford, IL 61109
(815)874-3883 3.5 PK-12
- Rockford Grades: PK-5 | 278 students
4700 Augustana Drive
Rockford, IL 61107
(815)226-4947 2.5 PK-5
We loved having our daughter attend Alpine Academy of Rockford. The school is in a nice quiet neighborhood, they have a gated playground area.. I always felt comfortable with the teachers and enjoyed the family atmosphere. Our daughter attended preschool - 6th grade and recieved an excellent education. It was the best start we could have given her. tuition was reasonable compared to other Christian Schools.
- Posted by Parent - kms13
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.