St Anthony School
- A parochial school for children age 3 through grade 8, Saint Anthony School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Founded in 1865 under the Franciscan order, St. Anthony School is the longest continuously operating school in the archdiocese, graduating thousands of students who have gone on to complete their academic careers with distinction.
- We are a community of faith-filled people dedicated to providing a Catholic education to the children of St. Joseph Parish and neighboring communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,625|
|Tuition Notes||tuition based on Parishioner status|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Gardening Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrington Grades: NS-PK
1260 Winsted Rd.
Torrington, CT 06790
(860)496-8687 6.1 NS-PK
- New Hartford Grades: K-9 | 41 students
18 Cedar Ln
New Hartford, CT 06057
(860)489-5595 6.5 K-9
- Torrington Grades: PK-12 | 88 students
387 New Harwinton Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
(860)482-7464 8.2 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.