St Anthony School
- A parochial school for children age 3 through grade 8, Saint Anthony School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Founded in 1865 under the Franciscan order, St. Anthony School is the longest continuously operating school in the archdiocese, graduating thousands of students who have gone on to complete their academic careers with distinction.
- We are a community of faith-filled people dedicated to providing a Catholic education to the children of St. Joseph Parish and neighboring communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,625|
|Tuition Notes||tuition based on Parishioner status|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Gardening Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrington Grades: NS-PK
1260 Winsted Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
(860) 496-8687 6.1 NS-PK
- New Hartford Grades: K-9 | 41 students
18 Cedar Ln
New Hartford, CT 06057
(860) 489-5595 6.5 K-9
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?