St Anthony School
- A parochial school for children age 3 through grade 8, Saint Anthony School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Founded in 1865 under the Franciscan order, St. Anthony School is the longest continuously operating school in the archdiocese, graduating thousands of students who have gone on to complete their academic careers with distinction.
- We are a community of faith-filled people dedicated to providing a Catholic education to the children of St. Joseph Parish and neighboring communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,625|
|Tuition Notes||tuition based on Parishioner status|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Gardening Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Torrington Grades: NS-PK
1260 Winsted Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
(860)496-8687 6.1 NS-PK
- New Hartford Grades: K-9 | 41 students
18 Cedar Ln
New Hartford, CT 06057
(860)489-5595 6.5 K-9
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.