St. Catharine Of Siena School
St. Catherine of Siena is a Roman Catholic Parish School founded in 1926 by the Sisters of Charity educating students from 3 years of age thru 7th grade. St. Catherine is open to all children regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or ethnic origin. Priority preference will be given to children of the Roman Catholic religion.
- Top Ranked LA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 334 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- St. Catherine has a principal, an assistant Principal, two (2) full time certified counselors, a librarian and assistant, two office staff members and 51 teachers with 21 assistants in all grades from 2nd grade down thru our three year old program. All classroom teachers are certified by the state of Louisiana. Classes are self-contained through second grade. Beginning in third grade, classes are departmentalized. Third and fourth grade core subjects are Religion, English, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies and Reading. Fifth ghrough seventh grade (middle school) core subjects are Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Reading or Foreign Language.
- Honors courses are offered starting in the fifth grade. Fifth grade honors classes are offered in Math and English; and sixth and seventh grade honors classes are in all core subjects including Latin. Students attend enrichment classes including :Spanish, PE, Computer, Art, Music/Band, and Library.
- Our campus consists of five major buildings and includes 41 classrooms, a computer lab, art room, music/band room, gymnasium, and auditorium/theater
Endorse St. Catharine Of Siena School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.