St. Catharine Of Siena School
St. Catherine of Siena is a Roman Catholic Parish School founded in 1926 by the Sisters of Charity educating students from 3 years of age thru 7th grade. St. Catherine is open to all children regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or ethnic origin. Priority preference will be given to children of the Roman Catholic religion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St. Catherine has a principal, an assistant Principal, two (2) full time certified counselors, a librarian and assistant, two office staff members and 51 teachers with 21 assistants in all grades from 2nd grade down thru our three year old program. All classroom teachers are certified by the state of Louisiana. Classes are self-contained through second grade. Beginning in third grade, classes are departmentalized. Third and fourth grade core subjects are Religion, English, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies and Reading. Fifth ghrough seventh grade (middle school) core subjects are Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Reading or Foreign Language.
- Honors courses are offered starting in the fifth grade. Fifth grade honors classes are offered in Math and English; and sixth and seventh grade honors classes are in all core subjects including Latin. Students attend enrichment classes including :Spanish, PE, Computer, Art, Music/Band, and Library.
- Our campus consists of five major buildings and includes 41 classrooms, a computer lab, art room, music/band room, gymnasium, and auditorium/theater
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Grades: K-12 | 282 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504) 885-4700 1075.1 K-12
- Metairie Grades: PK-7 | 267 students
917 N Atlanta St
Metairie, LA 70003
(504) 466-0591 1077.3 PK-7
- Metairie Grades: PK-7 | 866 students
4921 Meadowdale St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504) 455-8383 1074.8 PK-7
- Metairie Grades: NS-8 | 793 students
3900 Derbigny St
Metairie, LA 70001
(504) 837-6871 1075.4 NS-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.