St Cecilia Elementary School
Tel: (515) 232-5290
- Saint Cecilia School offers residents of the Ames area an opportunity for Catholic education.
- Students from preschool through grade five are given the opportunity to study, pray, and play in an atmosphere that nurtures Christian love and acceptance.
- Faculty, staff, parents, and parishioners unite to provide students with an excellent academic background that promotes each student's positive self image and develops each student's intellectual and social potential.
- All programs at the school are enhanced by parent, parish, and community volunteers.
- These friends of the school contribute greatly to the total program.
- Sharing faith and growing in the love of Jesus Christ and of one another are essential activities at Saint Cecilia School.
- Students prepare and participate in liturgies and join in prayerful classroom experiences.
- In addition to studying the Bible and celebrating special days of the liturgical calendar, students take on special projects, such as visiting residents in nursing homes and collecting food, toys, and clothing for special occasions and community needs.
- All students receive religious instruction in Catholic faith and values.
- Academic achievement is extremely important at Saint Cecilia School. Current textbooks, reference books, computers, and audio-visual equipment are used.
- Specialized teachers in art, music, physical education, guidance, computers, and library skills strengthen the curriculum.
- Parish policy states that no child wishing admittance will be turned away for financial reasons.
- Students from families registered as members of Saint Cecilia Parish are given priority admittance.
- If space allows, other area Catholic or non-Catholic students are welcomed. Buses transport students to and from school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed St Cecilia Elementary School also viewed these schools: Our Lady Star Of The Sea School.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.