St. Cecilia Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 278 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Saint Cecilia School offers residents of the Ames area an opportunity for Catholic education. Students from preschool through grade five are given the opportunity to study, pray, and play in an atmosphere that nurtures Christian love and acceptance. Faculty, staff, parents, and parishioners unite to provide students with an excellent academic background that promotes each student's positive self image and develops each student's intellectual and social potential. All programs at the school are enhanced by parent, parish, and community volunteers. These friends of the school contribute greatly to the total program. Sharing faith and growing in the love of Jesus Christ and of one another are essential activities at Saint Cecilia School. Students prepare and participate in liturgies and join in prayerful classroom experiences. In addition to studying the Bible and celebrating special days of the liturgical calendar, students take on special projects, such as visiting residents in nursing homes and collecting food, toys, and clothing for special occasions and community needs. All students receive religious instruction in Catholic faith and values. Academic achievement is extremely important at Saint Cecilia School. Current textbooks, reference books, computers, and audio-visual equipment are used. Specialized teachers in art, music, physical education, guidance, computers, and library skills strengthen the curriculum. Parish policy states that no child wishing admittance will be turned away for financial reasons. Students from families registered as members of Saint Cecilia Parish are given priority admittance. If space allows, other area Catholic or non-Catholic students are welcomed. Buses transport students to and from school.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for St. Cecilia Elementary School?
The application deadline for St. Cecilia Elementary School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Cecilia Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards