St. Gabriel Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The mission of St. Gabriel Catholic School is to promote academic excellence, along with the spiritual and physical development of all students by providing a challenging curriculum.
- We currently serve grades K-7, and adding 8th grade in 2019-2020 school year in Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada. We, also have a preschool serving children from 3 yrs. to 5 yrs. old.
St. Gabriel Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Jumpers, white shirts, black pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||School uses Facts Management for tuition payments.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Choir
- Saint Gabriel Catholic School is an elementary school that opened in 2012 and offers grades Kindergarten through 7th grade. In the 2019-2020 school year we will add 8th grade in Las Vegas & Henderson, Nevada.
- Saint Gabriel Catholic Preschool serves children from ages 3yrs. to 5 yrs.
- Saint Gabriel's Mission is to equip students for success in all areas of their future academic pursuits and provide specifically for the spiritual formation and basis for their eventual professional and vocational decisions in the context of leadership and service to and within the local, national, or international community.
- Saint Gabriel Catholic School uses the Core Knowledge Curriculum.
- The idea behind the Core Knowledge Sequence is simple and powerful Knowledge builds on knowledge. For the sake of academic excellence, greater fairness, and higher literacy. Core Knowledge provides a core curriculum that is coherent, cumulative, and content-specific in order to help children establish strong foundations of knowledge, grade by grade. If all of our children are to be fully educated and participate equally in civic life, then we must provide each of them with the shared body of knowledge that makes literacy and communication possible. This concept, so central to the Core Knowledge Foundation`s goal of excellence and equity in education, takes shape in the Core Knowledge Sequence- a pioneering attempt to outline the specific core of shared knowledge that all children should learn in American schools. The Core Knowledge Sequence is a detailed out line of specific content (and skills) taught in English/language arts, history, geography, mathematics, science, and the fine arts. Saint Gabriel Catholic School uses the Core Knowledge curriculum. To find out more please visit: http://www.coreknowledge.org/mimik/mimik_uploads/documents/480/CKFSequenc
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: K-12 | 159 students
6501 W Lake Mead Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89108
(702)647-4522 11 K-12
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-8 | 564 students
3046 Alta Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89107
(703)802-2323 7.8 PK-8
Our daughter was getting lost in the shuffle while attending public school. Her 4th grade class was 40 kids with only one teacher! Her grades started to slip, and we decided it was time to look elsewhere for her education. While researching private schools we found SGC, and we scheduled a tour of their campus. First person we met was brother Jude, and he made us feel very comfortable. We were so impressed with their curriculum and size of classes (average less than 15 children) that my husband not being catholic decided this was the school for our daughter. She has thrive here. 90% of the teachers have advance degrees, she has been part of the volleyball, soccer and basketball teams which is something public elementary schools do not offer. Top notch curriculum and of course faith formation. We would recommend this school 150%!
- Posted by Parent - L.Trujillo
"Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart the desire to know the truth in a word, to know himself so that by knowing and loving God, men and women can come to the fullness of the truth about themselves." Pope John Paul II, Fides et Ratio.This quote sums up why my husband and I chose St. Gabriel Catholic School for our daughter and why, after two years, we are so pleased with her education. When our daughter was four years old, she took a Little Golden Book about Jesus to preschool with her. When she presented it to the teacher, she was informed that they couldn`t read "that book" in class. Our daughter was confused and asked multiple questions to us regarding this event. This incident was the motivating factor in searching out a private, religious school for our child. It was a harsh reminder that in too many settings, freedom of religion is viewed as the absence of religion of any kind. Faith and reason are not seen as complimentary but rather, two separate entities which cannot co-exist and must be separated. We do not ascribe to this philosophy. We want our children to be able to talk about Jesus and all issues of faith freely with their friends and teachers. We want our children to be welcome to voice the many questions of faith that enter their tender minds. God is with us always. He does not abandon us at the school door, and it is through asking questions and discussing matters that our faith grows. For this reason, we could not be more pleased with SGCS. The school day begins with a short prayer. Mass is held weekly. Father Marcus visits each classroom once a week. Students are expected to model Christ-like behavior. Prayer is offered before meals even on field trips! The religious aspect is not the only reason that we love SGCS. When searching for schools, we were determined to avoid any school which employs the Common Core curriculum (we`ve seen and heard too many math horror stories). We are extremely happy with the Core Knowledge curriculum that SGCS uses, particularly how the subjects build on one another from year to year and how topics learned in the main subjects (reading, math) are incorporated into art and music. We`ve also been impressed with the quality of the teaching staff and the safety of the campus. In short, we love St. Gabriel Catholic School and think you will too!
- Posted by Parent - Theresa
Our daughter has been attending SGCS since she was in the 1st grade in 2013. We are happy with the intimate class sizes and personal attention that she receives. The faculty and staff are all very knowledgeable, warm and welcoming; we are on a first name basis with all of the faculty and staff. The administration is accessible and responsive to any concerns that we may have.Our daughter is exposed to programs that are the first to be cut at other schools. She participates weekly in the art, music and Spanish language programs that are a part of the Core Knowledge Curriculum utilized at SGCS, and there is a strong focus in science and technology (iPads and MacBooks in some cases, are used in the classroom). Additionally, she benefits from the spiritual development she receives at weekly mass and the Catholic values provided by the school, which supplement what we teach her at home.Our daughter takes advantage of the many other amenities the school has to offer such as the after school program administered by the YMCA; a lifesaver since my husband and I both work full time. We are also able to order her a healthy lunch options delivered through a service that serves quality chef prepared meals delivered to campus.The school is extremely safe and the campus is impeccably kept. There is a shaded outdoor pavilion with new play equipment, and a large grassy area where the kids run around and play at recess and after school.We are excited to be a part of this growing campus and look forward to its further development. I highly recommend this school if you are looking for passionate, qualified staff, and individualized student attention.
- Posted by Parent - D. Tull
I chose to teach at Saint Gabriel because of the Core Knowledge Curriculum, and for the Catholic faith that is an integral part of the school day. The curriculum provides students with a foundation that is built upon year after year, and which is intertwined with art, music, and pe. The school has small classes which enables teachers to truly know their students, and there is opportunity to continue expanding extracurricular activities for students. Come check us out!!
- Posted by Teacher - Ellen
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.