Montessori Visions Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Enroll now and give your child the opportunity to become a self-confident, self-motivated, life-long learner! Montessori Visions Academy allows students to learn concepts at their own pace through a sequential curriculum using hands-on materials in a multi-age classroom.
- Students receive one-on-one lessons based on their own needs and interests, developing concrete understanding, independence and responsibility. Contact us to schedule your tour!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,820|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is dependent on a student's age.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lori Jo Bossy|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Cheering, Track and FieldArchery, Cheering,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Computer Coding, French Classes, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Cooking, Drawing, International Arts and Crafts, Painting
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance, Games and Sports, Gymnastics, Karate, Soccer, Yoga
- At Montessori Visions Academy, infants through 12th grade students experience an academically enriched atmosphere embedded in a well-ordered social community. Students learn by using manipulative classroom materials, as well as through teacher guidance. In a peaceful environment teachers work with students individually and in small groups with learning materials.We offer a broad curriculum in multi-age classrooms, designed for the development of the whole person - mentally, physically, and emotionally. All students participate in the academic program and are presented with materials designed to ignite the innate and life-long joy of learning. Materials and activities are interrelated and arranged into the following areas: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Cultural.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702)254-1610 12.9 PK-12
- Las Vegas Grades: NS-PK | 66 students
4316 N Decatur Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89130
(702)656-6600 13.2 NS-PK
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-9 | 113 students
6059 W Oakey Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702)871-7208 8.6 PK-9
I didn't know much about the Montessori system. I was recommended by my uncle with a doctorate in education after having a horrible 1st grade year in public school. This Montessori school is INCREDIBLE. My son is excelling in is lessons (public school recommended an IEP). He has made great friends and the teachers are always there for them. They teach above and beyond what is taught in the public school system. I feel that this school has changed my sons life.
- Posted by Parent - SandraD
I am so thrilled to have found Montessori Visions Academy. My children have attended the school since they were toddlers, and I have seem their creativity and independence thrive. We are lucky to belong to such a peaceful, cooperative community.
- Posted by Parent - Michelle B.
Great school and great staff. Effective learning environment. We've been going to this school for three years and both of my kids have excelled academically.
- Posted by Parent - Nichole
My son has been going here for 7 years and his math and language skills are through the roof (at least three years ahead of most children his age)! More importantly though, he is learning to be self-directed, self-motivated, to make good choices, to manage his time and to accept responsibility for his choices. I also love that the Montessori Philosophy teaches them conflict resolution skills. You get far more than the traditional curriculum at Montessori Visions Academy - in addition (at no extra cost) they include gardening, STEAM, music, art, library, computers, language immersion (currently French and Spanish), and best of all Yoga in their weekly curriculum! Every single student (from infancy through 12th grade) gets a custom lesson plan and one-on-one lessons. They get a lot of out door time and the maximum class student-to-teacher ratio is 1:12! Since they utilize their time wisely throughout the day/school year, there is little need for homework and although testing is not a part of the Montessori method, they value the importance of preparing the student's for life in a more traditional world so they do prepare them for test-taking. The community is fantastic - we go on play dates, sleep-overs, parent's nights out, etc. together frequently. We have really made some life-long friends here. Around the time when my son entered first grade, I began to worry that I might have him in too small a bubble but that fear was easily put to rest. We experience much of the same "troubles" one would face in a large or traditional school but the difference lies in the communication and support that we receive from the administration, the staff and teachers and the other families. After 6 years of attending Montessori Visions Academy and serving on the non-profit Board of Directors in one capacity or another, I decided to join the family as a member of the staff. It has been a wonderful, exciting year full of learning and growing and I look forward to many more years here as a parent and as a staff member. The Montessori Philosophy is intelligent, practical and applicable at any age. Montessori Visions Academy is THE standard in education. The teachers at Montessori Visions Academy are true ambassadors of Montessori education and all that it can achieve.
- Posted by Parent - Angela H.
My son attended here when he was less than a year old. We moved to the other side of town and he attended a very reputable place there. We moved back to Henderson and today was his first day back, the difference in my son is marked and amazing. This is hands down the best Montessori school in the Las Vegas area. Every daycare, preschoo; should adopt the true philosophy of Maria Montessori, being from Los Angeles environments like this are commonplace. In Las Vegas and Henderson anyone can call their school Montessori, most miss the mark- this school, however, hits it- Dead On.
- Posted by Parent - admin
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.