Foothills Montessori School
5.00 (8 reviews)
- Foothills Montessori School was founded to provide children ages 3 through 8th grade with an exceptional private school that reaches the whole child through an environment that is at once nurturing, respectful, challenging, and inspiring.
- Our program is based on the time-tested, well-balanced principles of the Montessori method of education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade level.|
|Admissions Director||Karen Kolb|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Weddell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Choir, Dance, Guitar, Jump Bunch, Karate, Music, Physical Education, Piano, Soccer, Spanish, Student Council, Tennis, Theatre, Violin, Yoga Art, Choir, Dance, Guitar, Jump Bunch, Karate, Music, Piano, Soccer, Spanish, Tennis, Theatre, Violin, Yoga, Physical Education,
- Through the years, Foothills Montessori School has focused on developing an incredible faculty. We have a low student-to-teacher ration of 10:1 and a history of strong staff and student retention, which leads to positive, longterm personal and professional relationships. Our teachers are highly qualified and experienced, and are deeply committed to our school and its mission. Each of our head teachers holds a bachelor's degree and many hold advanced degrees as well. Each head teacher has also received a diploma from an accredited Montessori training program, which involves 14-18 months of intensive study, including a year-long internship under a master teacher. Our teachers have refined their teaching methods and their classroom environments with great care and many serve as mentors and teacher educators throughout the country. Our staff is guided by our Executive Director and Endeavor Schools, and is supported by our highly dedicated administrative staff. Our school is founded on the four timeless pillars of acadamic excellence, universal values, global understanding, and service. Foothills Montessori School believes in serving the whole child--intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. We strive to cultivate in each child a lifelong love of learning and a passion for excellence. We create an environment of respect and compassion where children can progress to their highest potential and where their curiousity, creativity, and imagination are nourished. Our paramount goal is to ensure that our students are well-prepared to excel in their future educational endeavors and in every aspect of their lives. We are nestled at the base of Black Mountain in the Green Valley area of Henderson, Nevada. In keeping with our commitment to open space and contact with the natural world, our campus includes a large playing field, spacious courtyard, and outdoor classrooms with adjoining gardens. We are adjacent to a park and have breathtaking views of the surrounding foothills and the city below. Our building was designed around the Montessori philosophy of education. We have beautiful, well-equipped and spacious classrooms and a multi-purpose room that accomodates our performing arts program and special school events. Each of our elementary classrooms has computer stations and we have an inviting and well-stocked library. Approximately 310 students attend Foothills Montessori School, including multi-age classes of half-day or full-day preschool students, full-day Kindergarten students, elementary students from first through fifth grade, and middle school students from sixth through eighth grade. Our faculty and administrative staff numbers approximately 40 highly qualified individuals. We have an active and supportive parent base and a strong sense of community. We offer before and after school programs plus an exciting summer camp program that enriches and expands our extensive curriculum. Our challenging curriculum is enhanced by specialists who teach music, performing arts, foreign language, computer technology, art, and physical education. Students have the opportunity to join a variety of after school clubs such as dance, karate, choir, student government,and drama, and to participate in competitive team sports.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HendersonGrades: K-12 | 89 students
2615 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 482 students
20955 West Tejas Trail
San Antonio, TX 78257
Las VegasGrades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
HendersonGrades: PK-12 | 38 students
Po Box 530910
Henderson, NV 89053
HendersonGrades: NS-12 | 767 students
711 Valle Verde Court
Henderson, NV 89014
Our son has been at FMS since pre-school and he is now in the eighth grade. Picking the "right" school was a major decision for my wife and myself. We made a great choice. My son has excelled in acedmics and ahs grown tremendously as a person. The environment was ideal for him. A very safe and friendly place, with outstanding teachers and staff.
- Posted by Parent - Mike Sullivan
This is one of the strongest schools I've even seen anywhere, not just in Las Vegas and Henderson. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the students and the individual attention for each student is outstanding. The curriculum in every grade has been impressive and we are amazed at what is taught. Our son just started 8th grade at FMS, and he's been going there since 1st grade. We delayed moving from Vegas so he could attend FMS through 8th grade...as long as possible. I think that says it all about how much we believe in FMS.
- Posted by Parent - edwar
I have been very impressed with the work of all the teachers and administration in the primary school and Kindergarten. They put themselves into the work and give 110%. I have seen my child accomplish a lot and learn more than I had expected. The school is exposing them to so many great learning experiences. The environment is very pleasant and the people are very friendly.
- Posted by Parent - vauzz
Foothills Montessori is a truly special school with professional, kind, and caring teachers who foster a student-centered environment where children are happy to learn. Not only have I seen tremendous growth in the two years my child has been a student there, but I have seen her grow into a more accountable, respectful young person. As a teacher, I see the Montessori method as the organic way for students to learn, driven by their own curiosity and thirst for knowledge. As a parent, I see Montessori as "the village" helping me raise my child into a responsible, self-directed person. The teachers at Foothills Montessori are truly exceptional and have the utmost patience to guide students to learn in their own ways. It never ceases to amaze me to see the Montessori order when I step into my child's classroom: thirty productive children, all doing different things, in a quiet, organized way- learning the way kids are meant to learn: driven by their own curiosity. This is an amazing school and community, and I highly recommend Foothills Montessori to parents who are looking for a well-rounded education/curriculum for their children.
- Posted by Parent - apari
It's been a great experience for myself and my two girls who attended foothills ! Highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Ghane
This is our second year at Foothills and we couldn't be happier. Our daughter loves going to school there every day, which makes us so happy. She has learned so much since she started and she surprises us daily with her new skills. The teachers are very caring and warm and the staff has always been very helpful with anything we needed. We also like that we can be involved. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer and be present in our childs learning experience. Highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - kcage
Foothills Montessori has exceeded my expectations in very way for four years and counting. Before I chose FMS for my daughter, I toured the school three times, not believing what I was seeing. The teachers are consistently professional, concerned, and kind. The learners are attentive and busy. . . with smiles and enthusiasm. FMS is a happy place that encourages learning. This level of excellence has been present in all of my experiences-- for four years straight! The value for the tuition is extraordinary, and my daughter is not only performing academically far ahead of her, non-FMS peers, but also has grown socially and emotionally into a self-sufficient, confident child. FMS teaches compassion, critical thinking, independence and kindness, not just in theory, but in practice. I truly believe that there is no better place to find a well rounded education.
- Posted by Parent - docto
This is my third year as a Foothills parent. I have lived in Las Vegas for more than ten years and never expected to stay. I am originally from Los Angeles and was quite disappointed with the lack of alternative schooling options that were available here in the valley. When my daughter was born we were sure that we were going to leave once she became of age to begin school. By accident, I happened to stumble upon the FMS website. I immediately scheduled a tour to find out more about the school and what it had to offer. From the moment I walked through the doors I knew that this is where I wanted to enroll my daughter. To me, FMS is not just a school. It is a community of educators, students, and parents who care deeply about the future of our children as well as the greater community. My daughter feels like she is part of an extended family when she walks through the classroom door every morning. She is treated as an individual and valued as an important member of the "tribe". Although the curriculum is challenging, students are always "met" where they are and never encouraged to be competitive with one another. The school is small and intimate and bullying is NOT TOLERATED. Students are taught to think for themselves and question EVERYTHING. They are taught values, real-life and hands-on activities such as sewing, gardening, cooking, and how to be self-sufficient. They are taught to be independent and self-disciplined. I have met some of my best friends through this school. Parent involvement is HUGE! Often parents need to sign up to volunteer in the classrooms because there are so many parents wanting to participate. I could go on and on. I love this school; my daughter loves this school and we are here to stay.
- Posted by Parent - bella
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?