Henderson International School
- Early in 2007, the Meritas Family of Schools brought together two of the area`s finest private schools to create the Henderson International School.
- Today, Henderson International takes its place as one of the best private schools in the region.
- The support and resources of Meritas have expanded our curriculum, created international connections for our students, and provided a world-class education.
- Henderson International School combines a traditional college preparatory education experience with the progressive ideas and practices needed to prepare students for the global challenges of the 21st century. Every student in Kindergarten-8th grades receives instruction each day in literature and composition, mathematics, science, social studies and foreign language.
- The academic disciplines are complemented by extra- and co-curricular activities.
- Generally speaking, these include music, art, band, musical theater, digital media, physical education, team sports (5th-8th grades) and student government.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||423 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniforms: khaki shorts/polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on grade level. Please call the school for exact tuition data at each grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Aimee Romero|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band/Orchestra, Broadway Club, Chess Club, engineering, Jazz band, Minecraft Club, Robotics Program, Violin, Yoga Club Band/Orchestra, Broadway Club, Chess Club, engineering, Jazz band, Minecraft Club, Violin, Yoga Club, Robotics Program,|
- *Other school association(s): licensed annually by the Nevada Department of Education/Private School Licensing Board
- *Students by Grade: (3) sections each of Kindergarten-4th Grade; (2) sections each of 5th-6th grades; (1) section each of 7th-8th grades
- *Percent on Financial Aid: only students in Kindergarten-8th grades are eligible for financial aid; proof of need required
- *Admissions Deadlines: Financial Aid deadline April 1; mid-year transfers for current school year based on availability
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HendersonGrades: NS-12 | 688 students
711 Valle Verde Court
Henderson, NV 89014
- HendersonGrades: NS-12 | 809 students
540 E Lake Mead Parkway-South Campus; 655 E. Lake Mead Pkwy- North Campus
Henderson, NV 89015
- Las VegasGrades: NS-8 | 965 students
3275 Red Rock St.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Las VegasGrades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Las VegasGrades: K-5 | 195 students
5055 S Durango Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89113