Henderson International School
- First Established in 1992, Henderson International School has grown to become one of the premier private schools in Nevada.
- Purchased by York Education Group in 2016, Henderson International School conitnues to expand our curriculum, create international connections for our students, and provide a world-class education.
- Henderson International School combines a traditional college preparatory education experience with the progressive ideas and practices needed to prepare students for the global challenges of the 21st century. Every student in Kindergarten-8th grades receives instruction each day in literature and composition, mathematics, science, social studies and foreign language.
- The academic disciplines are complemented by extra- and co-curricular activities.
- Generally speaking, these include music, art, band, musical theater, digital media, physical education, team sports (5th-8th grades) and student government.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniforms: khaki shorts/polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on grade level. Please call the school for exact tuition data at each grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Aimee Romero|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Broadway Club, Chess Club, engineering, Minecraft Club, Robotics Program, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band/Orchestra, Jazz band, Violin
- *Other school association(s): licensed annually by the Nevada Department of Education/Private School Licensing Board
- *Students by Grade: (3) sections each of Kindergarten-4th Grade; (2) sections each of 5th-6th grades; (1) section each of 7th-8th grades
- *Percent on Financial Aid: only students in Kindergarten-8th grades are eligible for financial aid; proof of need required
- *Admissions Deadlines: Financial Aid deadline April 1; mid-year transfers for current school year based on availability
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henderson Grades: NS-12 | 688 students
711 Valle Verde Court
Henderson, NV 89014
(702)454-4056 5.8 NS-12
- Las Vegas Grades: NS-8 | 965 students
3275 Red Rock St.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702)362-1180 12.4 NS-8
- Las Vegas Grades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702)254-1610 17.9 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.