St. James School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (207) 282-4084
- St. James School is committed to providing the best possible Catholic educational program for all students.
- We use a wide variety of teaching strategies to enhance the learning process.
- Students who attend St James School have the opportunity to learn and develop in a positive, caring family environment.
- Students are encouraged to discover their own gifts and uniqueness and to show an appreciation for other.
- Among the quality catholic education we provide, we emphasize the dignity and self worth of each individual who enters St James School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individualized Service Plans (ISP) and 504 Plans|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Navy blue or khaki bottoms, navy blue, white or light blue shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Brown Bag Ministry, First LEGO League Team, Gardening, Student Council, Students to Sisters, Writing Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Plays/Musicals
- Saint James School (SJS) is a small Catholic private school where every child thrives! Find out why this school is perfect for your child! SJS was founded in 1992 by combining three local Catholic schools into one: Saint Joseph's, Saint Andre's and Saint Mary's.in 2010, a fourth school joined in when Notre Dame de Lourdes School became a part of Saint James School. SJS provides a Catholic environment that integrates faith, service and learning. This value-based education ensures that every child will graduate from Saint James School with the fundamentals needed to succeed in any path in which they choose to pursue. When you read the names of the top ten graduates of area high schools, you will recognize the names of Saint James graduates!
- Saint James is S.A.F.E. Service* Academics * Faith * Excellence
- School Location Miles Grades Students
I would recommend St James School to anyone. St James has great teachers that do a great job educating kids. Because of small class sizes the teachers can give students more help if they need it. Mrs. Naimey is a very good principal. Parent involvement is very good too. I wish my son enjoyed sports because St James has a lot to offer for sports. St James has a wonderful music and arts program. All this make St James School a five star school. Please call 282-4084 if you would like to schedule an appointment.
- Posted by Parent - csand
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.