St. James School
Tel: (816) 781-4428
- The community of St. James school, are a prayerful and Eucharist people who treasure our Catholic traditions.
- We strive to grow in our faith by being good stewards of the gifts God has given us and by sharing God's truth with all.
- As the Body of Christ, we are called to love and serve everyone, especially the marginalized, with joy and hospitality.
- Devoted to our children as well as to their profession, St. James' staff works hard to maintain excellence by means of in-service training, continuing education and representation on various educational boards.
- Staff members also give of their time to extra activities with students, serving as advisors to many organizations.
- Our students experience learning opportunities, which connect to specific skills for life.
- Our school focuses on one Lifeskill each month. Students learn, practice and apply the skills to the classroom and real-life situations.
- Each morning students recite our Lifelong Guideline pledge: I promise to be faith-filled, trustworthy, truthful and an active-listener too.
- I will do my personal best, and give no-put downs to any of you.
- These guidelines work in conjunction with the Lifeskills to build responsible, Christian citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||387 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Liberty Grades: PK-K | 54 students
650 E Ruth Ewing Rd
Liberty, MO 64068
(816) 781-6295 3.2 PK-K
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 72 students
5600 N Brighton Ave
Kansas City, MO 64119
(816) 454-7410 5.2 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
6415 Ne Antioch Rd
Kansas City, MO 64119
(816) 454-7377 5.2 PK-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.