Clay-Platte Montessori School
Tel: (816) 741-6940
An authentic Montessori environment & curriculum positioned on 10 acres of land: boasting a beautiful meadow, rippling creek, hiking trails, gardens and animals. Community built on the pillars of peace, diversity and responsibility where ALL children and families are welcomed and celebrated.
AMI certified Lead Guides to encourage confidence, instill calmness and guide child-led learning of children ages birth to 18 years old.
Clay-Platte Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Year-round|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies with program selected|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristin Roundy|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Gymnastics, Russian
Arts and Music Programs:
Music, Piano Lessons
Our mission is to provide an environment where each child grows with a deep appreciation of peace and an ability to work with others to create peace; where each child is valued for the unique being they are, their culture, and their identity, and that they equally value others; where each child knows that they have a place in the world and are part of many systems that rely on their contributions.- Jen Stoll, Owner & Director
- The mission of Clay-Platte Montessori School is to employ the philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori and educate young people to their fullest potential, instilling a deep sense of personal independence and responsibility to self, to others, and to our Earth.
- Our purpose is to provide, through the Montessori philosophy and curriculum, an environment where each child will be free to function and develop individually, naturally and sequentially into the whole child that lies within, realizing the full potential of his/her innate talents.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-8 | 375 students
7019 North Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO 64118
(816) 436-6228 2.3 NS-8
- Kansas City Grades: PK-6 | 115 students
707 W 47th St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(913) 544-1041 11 PK-6
- Kansas City Grades: K-8 | 114 students
7112 N. Overland Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816) 734-1060 1.7 K-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.