Oakhill Day School
Tel: (816) 436-6228
Oakhill Day School Photo #2 - Oakhill Day School's South Campus Building is located within walking distance to the main building and is home to Intermediate and Middle School students.
- Oakhill Day School is a non-parochial independent private school in the Kansas City Northland serving students in PreToddler (18-months) - 8th Grade for over 70 years.
- Located in the heart of Gladstone, Oakhill students discover themselves as learners in an environment where teaching and administrative staff make them feel valued and known every day.
- Oakhill graduates are confident leaders prepared for success in high school and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$195|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The $195 fee is for enrollment in 5 full days of camp. (Fees may vary.)|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3,122 to $13,300 depending on the division and number of days enrolled.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,806|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dorothy Beckham|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Lee Sturdevant|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports for Early Childhood, Intramural Sports for Lower School
- Oakhilll provides its students with an exceptional education in a place where they are valued and known. Teachers know each student and use the gifts they bring with them to keep them excited about learning. Various unique teaching methods and strategies are used daily in combination with small class sizes and collaboration; this is what truly sets Oakhill classrooms apart from other learning environments.
- Children discover themselves as learners at Oakhill Day School. Visit our community where students are challenged, known, valued, inspired, and are allowed to be their best self.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 125 students
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816) 741-6940 2.3 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1156 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 936-1200 13 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-6 | 115 students
707 W 47th St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(913) 544-1041 12.5 PK-6
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.