St Pius X High School
- St. Pius X High School, with its roots in the Catholic Parish, is a co-educational school, which educates young people to their full academic potential and enhances their growth of Catholic values and principles to serve the Church and community.
- Through a diverse and challenging curriculum, as well as an environment commanding excellence, St. Pius X High School strives to instill in every student an attitude of lifelong learning in the development of their spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical gifts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||328 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||ACCP Advanced Biology, ACCP Calculus, ACCP Chemistry 3, ACCP College Algebra, ACCP English 4, ACCP Pre-Calulus, ACCP Spanish 3, ACCP Spanish 4, AP American Government, AP English 2, AP English 3, AP Physics, AP Studio Art, AP United States History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki Pants and Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,200|
|Tuition Notes||TUITION & FEES 2018-2019 Tuition for one student is $9,200 with the following discounts available: > Diocesan Employee Discount $2,500 per student -updated 2/1/18 > Legacy (Child of Alumni) Discount $500 per student > Multiple Student Discount $1,000 per second student > Active Tithing Parishioner Discount $1,000 per student > Families with four or more children contact Missy Petit at 816.453.3450 ext. 116 for a separate large family tuition structure.|
|Admissions Director||Melanie Martin|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Little|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Christian Fellowship Formation/Peer Ministry, Debate and Forensics, Interact Club, Mission Guatemala, National Honor Society (NHS), Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Pro-Life Club, Robotics Team, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), Student Ambassadors, Student Council, XFactor (Broadcasting and Online Newspaper), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our over 60 year history in the Northland is rich with strong academic and athletic programs. St. Pius X is a place where students and faculty of all faiths actively work to find solutions through excellent classroom instruction and interaction. In an environment that values academic excellence, students at St. Pius X are challenged to grow in their intellect and education.Investing in private high school can positively impact your child`s life through a college preparatory curriculum, values centered education, safe environment, high academic standards, and a variety of athletic opportunities.
- High Academic Standards
- Through a diversified curriculum, offering a variety of core and elective courses, we challenge each student to reach their academic potential. Our students are committed to learning and receive distinguished honors that include Commended National Merit Students, Bright Flight and National Honor Society. Over 50% of our students score 4.5 points or more above the national average on the ACT. Click here to see our ACT achievement.
- Value Centered Education
- We offer daily prayer and a value-centered approach in every class. Students have the opportunity to attend Mass three times a week. In addition, Adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation are offered.
- AP and College Credit Class
- We offer 14 AP & College Credit Classes through our partnership with local Universities. Classes are available to sophomores, juniors and seniors. During their four years at St. Pius X the Class of 2019 amassed 804 College Credit Hours.
- Athletic and Extra-Curricular Opportunities
- Over 90% of our students are involved in one or more extracurricular activity. The primary goal of our athletic program is to accentuate the development of the whole student and achieve a personal level of excellence in the areas of fitness, team commitment, discipline, leadership, consideration of others and sportsmanship.
- Ensuring Success
- Whether your child is a high achiever or needs additional assistance with completing school work, St. Pius X has a wide variety of resources for our students. Our counseling department works with each student individually throughout their four years here, mapping out four year plans and assisting with ACT and college readiness. We are have an Inclusive Education Teacher, who works with and assists with special needs' students and the SPX Strategic Intervention Team (S.I.T.). We have an in-house tutoring system comprised of NHS students and volunteers; these people are available during study hall times, late start days, and seminar periods. Some also can be helpful after school as needed.
- SPX's advanced curriculum includes 5 AP classes and 8 ACCP (dual credit) classes. For the student who wishes a very challenging schedule, we have different 4-year plans for students wishing to emphasize art, foreign language, or simply the most demanding schedule (s)he could have.
- St. Pius X is an A+ Designated School. The A+ Scholarship Program provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 125 students
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816) 741-6940 3.1 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 72 students
5600 N Brighton Ave
Kansas City, MO 64119
(816) 454-7410 2.7 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: K-8 | 114 students
7112 N. Overland Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816) 734-1060 4.8 K-8
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 475 students
10500 N. Arrowhead Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64155
(816) 548-2222 10.2 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.