Martin Luther Academy
- Martin Luther Academy offers a quality Christian education to families in Kansas City.
- Smaller class sizes and a safe environment along with the consistency of kindergarten through grade 8 on one campus makes MLA a quality option.
- A smaller school fosters consistency in all areas: academics, athletics, relationships, & spiritual growth.
- There are more participation opportunities here compared to larger schools.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Solid docker style pants or knee lenth shorts with a sweater or collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,900|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten - $4,200 Elementary - $4,900 See school website for any updated cost information|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rick Schneider|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Musicals, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas CityGrades: NS-8
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
- Kansas CityGrades: PK-12 | 319 students
4214 NW Cookingham Rd
Kansas City, MO 64164
- Kansas CityGrades: NS-12 | 227 students
2900 NE Cates Street
Kansas City, MO 64117
- Kansas CityGrades: 9-12 | 413 students
1500 NE 42nd Ter
Kansas City, MO 64116
- Kansas CityGrades: PK-8 | 743 students
7277 N Highway 9
Kansas City, MO 64152
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 22, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.