Martin Luther Academy
- Martin Luther Academy offers a quality Christian education to families in Kansas City.
- Smaller class sizes and a safe environment along with the consistency of kindergarten through grade 8 on one campus makes MLA a quality option.
- A smaller school fosters consistency in all areas: academics, athletics, relationships, & spiritual growth.
- There are more participation opportunities here compared to larger schools.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Solid docker style pants or knee lenth shorts with a sweater or collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,900|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten - $4,200 Elementary - $4,900 See school website for any updated cost information|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rick Schneider|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Musicals, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816)741-6940 1.7 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 475 students
10500 N. Arrowhead Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64155
(816)548-2222 6 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 69 students
5600 N Brighton Ave
Kansas City, MO 64119
(816)454-7410 5.8 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-8 | 375 students
7019 North Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO 64118
(816)436-6228 2.6 NS-8
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.