The Barstow School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (816) 942-3255
As the oldest independent school west of the Mississippi, Barstow takes great pride in its heritage and rich historical past.
We are equally proud of our adaptive nature and innovative approach to education.
The Barstow School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||712 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,675|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes lunch, parents association dues and other costs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Linda Waters|
|Admissions Associate||Krista Stuchlik|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- The Barstow School has evolved, yet our core objective remains the same--to promote sound scholarship and to give symmetrical development to mind, body and character. At Barstow, students enjoy:
- A highly challenging academic community that encourages each member to ask questions and seek answers
- Collaboration throughout the school to ignite a passion for knowledge
- Honesty, trust and respect
- Emotional safety and the development of leadership skills and character
- Strong relationships with faculty and staff
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1156 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 936-1200 6.8 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-12 | 94 students
15710 Calvary Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816) 358-0950 6.3 PK-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK-6 | 113 students
30 West 51st Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 531-2192 6.9 PK-6
Do your school plan to establish a division in shanghai?
- Posted by Parent - nqche
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.