Alpha Montessori School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Alpha Montessori School is dedicated to the unique and individual development of each child.
- Every child is born with a vast inherent potential, which can only be activated and brought forth through experience.
- Alpha Montessori School can mean a step toward self-discovery and total enfoldment for children as they move into a broader scope physically, socially and intellectually.
- The program emphasizes four major areas with the Montessori curriculum: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language and Mathematics.
- The program also offers Spanish, geography,science art, crafts, music, and yoga.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1172 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816)936-1200 8 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 614 students
11511 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816)942-4054 0.8 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: PK | 25 students
32 E 46th St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816)931-0202 12.5 PK
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12
5901 NW Waukomis Drive
Kansas City, MO 64151
(816)741-6940 19.5 NS-12
You will never question the love, safety or security of your children if they are at Alpha! The best teachers with the largest hearts and a true love for your kiddo, their school and community! There is no where better.
- Posted by Parent - MBrown
This is the most fantastic school with an equally amazing, caring, loving and strong staff! Every child is known and loved. The atmosphere is loving, supportive, educational growth and doing your best is a daily goal being met! You can't go wrong with Alpha.
- Posted by Parent - M
My daughter has attended Alpha for 1 year now and she thrived under their care and education. She also attends the before and after school care hours. The owner/director, Ms Linda is a wonderful person and all the teachers know every single student (including the ones from other classes) and know them well. Turn over rates are extremely low, attention to detail and kids is excellent, food served is good, well priced and they really care for each child. On a few occasions the school called me because my daughter was running a fever; in all occasions, when I arrived to pick her up, she was laying on the Ms. Linda's lap while she was caring for her. I researched about 15 schools before choosing Alpha and I'm extremely happy that I did so. I recommend this school to any parent who wants a good, loving, trusting school for your child. BTW, my daughter is a little over 3 years old.
- Posted by Parent - indau
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.