5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (816) 444-3567
Whitefield Academy Photo #3 - Our students enjoy small class sizes, allowing them to get one on one attention from their teachers.
Whitefield Academy Photo #4 - You never know what will happen in Spanish class! Just watch out for the Greek students; there's a big rivalry!
Whitefield Academy Photo #5 - Our Upper School students start school with a short chapel every morning. The entire school attends on Fridays, giving all the students a chance to worship together.
Whitefield Academy Photo #6 - Our art teacher, Mr. Appling, makes the concept of perspective come alive for his elementary school students.
Whitefield Academy Photo #7 - Our music teacher, Mrs. Martin, teaches our smallest students about rhythm. Even our Pre-K students will have numerous hymns memorized in their entirety by the end of the year, performing a concert for Christmas and for Grandparents' Day.
Whitefield Academy Photo #8 - All students take Latin and Greek, beginning with Latin in fourth grade.
Whitefield Academy Photo #9 - Our Little Lions begin their school careers learning cursive, phonograms, time-telling, simple math, and how to behave in a classroom.
- Whitefield Academy provides academic excellence in a Christ centered environment.
- Starting with half-day or full-day Pre-Kindergarten all the way through 12th grade, Whitefield is a classical Christian school that graduates critical thinkers, clear communicators and compassionate leaders.
- In 1995, a few families started Whitefield because they desired a superior education along with moral training for their children.
- Since then Whitefield has grown to over 260 students, while preserving its family-friendly community and employing a time-tested, classical method which teaches mastery of facts, logical reasoning and persuasive expression.
- Our Christian, classical education cultivates well-trained minds prepared for higher education and lifelong learning for the glory of God.
- Whitefield Academy is an accredited member of the Association of Classical & Christian Schools who's primary mission is to promote, establish and equip schools committed to a classical approach to education in light of a Christian worldview grounded in Scripture.
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Tue., January 12, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Thu., April 15, 2021 - get more information!
- KCMO Hair Stylist Offers Lessons to Students - 05/05/2020 - During COVID-19, local hair stylist Lexi Carley did private Zoom hair styling lessons with lower school students from Whitefield Academy!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||269 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $3500 for half-day Pre-Kindergarten to $11,300 for Grades 7-12.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||BJ Williams|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chorus Musicorum, Jump Rope Club, LEGO Robotics Club, National Honor Society, Rubix Cube Club, Spirit Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art History, Ballet Club, Ceramics, Music History, Shakespeare, Worship Team
- Whitefield Academy is open, accepting appilcations and finishing up our current school year with Whitefield-at-Home. We are currently open now and all summer for a virtual tour or will schedule one for when Covid-19 restrictions and the spread of the virus allow for more personal contact. Applications available at https://whitefieldacademykc.org/admissions/ Once the applicationis is received assessments are arranged according to applicant schedule. Financial aid is available to those demonstrating need. Please contact us with your questions!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 614 students
11511 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
(816) 942-4054 3.5 NS-12
- Kansas City Grades: NS-12 | 1156 students
400 W 51st St
Kansas City, MO 64112
(816) 936-1200 4.8 NS-12
Whitefield Academy is, in our opinion, the best school in Kansas City. It is the only school that truly offers a Christian, classical education. Our oldest daughter has been here three years, and the amount that she has learned is astounding. The school focuses on teaching children HOW to learn and HOW to think rather than just teaching them WHAT to think. Our music and visual arts programs are phenomenal, and we just opened a new sculpture studio. The family atmosphere of the school is something that has made the experience even better. The seniors know the kindergartners, kids from different grades sit at lunch together, and a lot of parents volunteer on a daily basis.
- Posted by Parent - Rachel Hutson
I`m so thankful that my children have the opportunity to learn and grow in the learning community that is Whitefield. My girls have attended Whitefield since PreK and my husband and I are blown away by their academic and spiritual growth every year under the care and guidance of their fantastic teachers.
- Posted by Parent - KC3
We have been at Whitefield for 7 years! My kids love it! They interact with kids from all the grade levels. They learn character vs all curriculum. The teachers love each child as their own, which as a mom is comforting. It is a smaller school (no more than 20 in a classroom), but is Pre-K - 12th. I've seen several occasions where a child is interested in a particular club and they meet with the Headmaster and get approval to start their club. They then gather friends & peers that want to join them & get a parent/teacher involved. It's learning about real life & working for your vision! People comment on how well behaved the children are, as well as, the quality of questions asked during field trips. Any time there is an issue, it is encouraged to be discussed and a solution obtained. In a parent's opinion, this is an excellent education option.
- Posted by Parent - Annie Alexander
My daughter graduated from Whitefield in 2011 and now attends a top-50 national liberal arts college. The rigorous classical Christian education provided by Whitefield could not have prepared my daughter better for college - she was on the Dean's list for both semesters her freshman year.
- Posted by Parent - 83cru
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?